9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
clubmed.us
US$433
View deal
ZenHotels.com
Hurb
StayForLong
5,795 results
All reviews water skiing mini club rio das pedras main pool petit club la reserve every guest language barrier every evening chief of the village animation team pool games zen pool tennis archery paloma wakeboard
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2021

My 2020 was a very stressful year with many unexpected situations and the need to adjust the “new normal”.
ClubMed is a type of experience, everyone should try in their lifetime. We can easily get hooked to that lifestyle. Just a warning: you might not want to go back to your reality and extended your stay! My great experience started even before I arrived in the Village. The Reservation Center was just great and knowledgeable. Before reaching the Village I had to inquire about the a couples questions and that was when my Village experience started. I was taken can by super cordial Front Desk young lady called Maira. She even retained the fact that I was coming after my birthday (the week of my birthday, the days were not available) and after my checking and getting into the room, I found a couple of chocolates and message (handwritten!) wishing me a belated “happy birthday”. The good feeling kept piling up, the view of the forest gave me such a sense of peace. The landscape is also something to take the time and observe, the bromelias, orchids, palm trees and lush collections of tropical plants. The fauna is also spectacular. Meeting the capivara (the largest living rodent in the world) family was an experience in itself without mentioning the birds…
I can go on and on… suffice to say to covers most of the areas: the food will please all taste and dietary restrictions since they give options (maybe not perfect for all vegans but there are options); the beverages covers a vast game of alcohol and non-alcohol beverages with a fresh juice bar on Thursday morning (if I recall correct).
To conclude I must mention some names that made my first time experience in the Club Med and amazing one (Thanks to the whole team from reception until the cleaning crew):
• Maira, Talles, Raisa (Front Desk); Luggage carrier team; You all are the first face of the Village. Thanks for making welcome
• Igor, Matheus, Sergio, (Restaurant); Alexandra, Stephanie (Waitresses); Vitoria (hostess); Caio, Lais, Laila (Jangada): You all made my dining experiences a pleasant one.
• There are so many more to be mentioned here… The cleaning crew!! Amazing group of ladies and men that unfortunately, did not retained their names. Finally, I would like to express my gratitude Mr. Jeremy Rodrigues (Chef du Village) for his kindness, dynamism and attention to the details. I am planning already my next trip in April.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Reviewed 2 March 2021

Traveling solo to Brazil for the first time after almost a year of Covid-led confinement, I found everything I needed and more!
I mean there was the sun, the beach, the pool, a GORGEOUS view of the sea and mountains, delicious food AND an open bar...what else would anyone really need? Even with children you're able to enjoy all of this since they have the mini club. And don't worry, your children are in good hands, cuz from what I could tell, they were having the time of their life!

But all of that was bested by the awesome people and Club Med spirit I encountered while staying there! During the day, there is a wide variety of fun activities to choose from led by an amazing Sports team. A special shout out to Vicky, Toddy, Duda, Rodriguez and their manager Henrique, whose smile and energy light up your day, be it at their respective work stations, during the aquagym or on stage!
Every evening you are guaranteed to be entertained, be it through a show, a game night or a party, organized and performed by the one and only GO team! Again, behind all that is the Animation team, led by Josi, with another special shoutout for the talented singer Tito and the wonderful choreographer Elaine.
Overall, the entire team is great and easily accessible and just make your whole experience that much better!

And finally let's not forget the man, the legend behind it all: Jérémie Gonzalez. By far the best chief of village I've encountered, with a wonderful presence and humour.
Unfortunately it is not possible to name everyone that had a hand in making my stay special, so to all I just want to finish this by saying:
THANK YOU!

Room tip: Make sure to specify if you have accessibility limitations as some rooms are located upstairs
Reviewed 17 February 2021

I love coming to Club Med as it is guaranteed one will be entertained, occupied with having fun, well fed and happy.
I was pleased to find that they included the PCR test in their package, as I had been to Club Med before during the pandemic and I actually suggested they tested in the cub (I hired my own testing that time, and had it done in the club, privately). So kudos to Club Med for having taken a suggestion (I imagine I was not the only one to suggest this). That being said, there are a few things Club Med should be working on.
As a starter, coffee is terrible. I know during breakfast most hotels serve American coffee but Club Med has an open bar and a few years ago coffee was espresso and drinkable. A few years ago they bought these terrible machines that automatically make what they called coffee that is undrinkable. It is sad, and surprising taking into account lots of French people come to Med and hate this coffee for sure.
The other point which I already criticized in November when I went to Lake Paradise, is that during a pandemic and with the motto "safe together" Club Med should not have closed or annulled spaces at meals. Every guest eats, and with an occupancy that is not at 100%, there is a reason why the occupancy can't be full: Because guests should be distanced. So if you lower the occupancy and lower the spaces available, you are not helping at all. At lunch and breakfast (can't remember dinner) there was always one of the spaces in the buffet that were closed with barricades of chairs. So I had to always sit on a table next to another family. All of us eating, not wearing a mask. The unsafest thing, and why? to avoid cleaning one more space? there is more than enough staff and if needed, I wouldn't mind paying extra if that money was needed to pay for the salary of a cleaning employee to open all of the spaces available.
One last thing that might be useful: there are many mosquito like bugs, aunts, etc. Club med should advice guests to bring repellent and there should be mosquito tablets in the rooms. I had to go to the first aid room twice because I was all bitten.
The rest was great as always. Especially the staff (GO). I particularly like Leo (from La reserva) who I could call a friend. He laughs a lot, he is a happy person, and he is constantly working and caring for the guests. Also Rodriguez is great, fun, and interested in entertaining all the time. Victoria is an excellent dancer, and she is so natural and smily and caring. I wish I could have had some more classes with her. Toddy was great too, always aware of what guests need, and willing to help.
I love club med and I will continue to come, but I would appreciate my comments being taken seriously, as I know with a minimum effort, Club Med can become better and better.

Room tip: Rooms are all ok and unimportant as you need to be out having fun.
1  Thank Solana V
Reviewed 8 February 2021

I had such a great time at this resort. The covid protocols made me feel more comfortable. The food was delicious. My room at la Reserve was spacious and luxurious. The staff was incredible. Even though there were only a few staff members that were fluent in English everyone was very friendly, helpful, and patient. I would like to extend a special thank you to these staff members who helped make this a memorable experience: Victor, Mariah, Erica, Vanessa, Patrick, Andre, Juana, Ana Paula, Jeremy, Alan, Enrique, and Viviane. There were a few others too but I didn’t get the chance to learn their names.

If you do visit just know not very many Americans go to the resort so English is not the primary language. There are people that speak it but you’ll definitely have an easier time if you know some Portuguese or Spanish or French.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

Belgians living in São Paulo. First experience at Club Med, decided to go there because it was driving distance and being 8,5 months pregnant I couldn’t fly. My daughter was almost 4YO and we thought this might be the time to try club med. paid almost 5000 euros for 5 night stay. When we arrived we were absolutely horrified. The place looks old and dated and it’s overall dirty. Basically the main hotel is supposed to be 4star (trident) and then another smaller part is a 5star place called “La reserve”. Beware all the main pictures on the website are from the 5star part which is very misleading, not to say dishonest because the whole neighbouring hotels thing is very unclear. So first thing we asked was to transfer to La Reserve which they categorically refused because our daughter wasn’t 4YO. Inexplicable. So ended up staying at the 4star part which is absolutely not even close to a 4star standard. It’s disgusting. Packed with day visitors who come to enjoy the open bar and drink and eat fast-food all day. Very loud music around a dirty and dated pool. It’s everything but relaxing or even agréable. The beach could be nice but again, dated and uncomfortable furniture and DIRTY. Old glasses piling up, trash laying around. Urgh no words. The whole thing is an overpriced low budget all in experience which is nothing like any other club med with the same rating. Avoid at all cost!! Pictures speak for themselves...

Date of stay: December 2020