Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
$82
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews local village kava ceremony meal plan dirt road high tide day bed curry night village tour pacific harbour organised activities scuba diving min drive rental car relaxing holiday viti levu villagers bure
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2024 via mobile

Fantastic location and views are amazing. Staff were also very welcoming and great service however Food had a lot to be desired and was extremely expensive. A lamb curry that was bones and fat and SAN Choi boy that tasted like lasagna mince. Lucky we had a car so we went and ate big lunches elsewhere and brought snacks for dinner. However they did have a lovu one night which was great but very expensive. Drinks are also on the top end for pricing. Given you are off the beaten track a hire car is good to have and take in your own water and snacks as very pricey

Room tip: Have your own transport as you are stuck there unless you want to pay top dollar for trips but the most beautiful spot
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2023

I went to Crusoe's Retreat after staying at an island of Coral Coast, so we had to take a short bus ride and then a taxi to get there. The resort is located at the end of a long and winding road. When we finally got to the top of the hill prior to descending to the reception area - I was impressed by the view of the ocean.
All rooms have an amazing view, unfortunately they all require a lot of walking to get to. Except for a few fairly close to the main building. This is not a deterrent for me - however, those who don't like a lot of steps should take it into consideration. The views are spectacular and the sunsets are not blocked off by anything for the higher level rooms.
My seaview bure was quite roomy, had a comfortable bed, was very clean, had louvered windows, a ceiling fan, was well lit, had a deck and a spacious bathroom with quick and plentiful hot water. Also a roomy little fridge and tea and coffee making supplies.
Breakfast was included - it was cereals, toast, fresh baking, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. I could also have ordered breakfast off the menu but was satisfied with the one provided.
The meal plan is available - but it was recommended to me to forego it and to just order off the menu at meal time. As it turns out - I ate very well and paid less than if I had taken the meal plan. The prices are a bit higher than usual Fijian restaurants, the portions are very large and they are well prepared. The menu has a fair variety and there is a fully stocked bar. I enjoyed every meal I had there, the fish was particularly good. One can also eat or have a drink at the beach bar building, which is over the ocean.
There is a unique pool, a hot tub and a very big ocean. Depending on the tide, one can walk for miles down the beach. Massages are available in a building down by the beach. Sunset cruises are available, there is snorkelling trips available and they will arrange fishing trips. During dinner and in the evening, we had entertainment which was mainly music and singing, quite enjoyable.
There is a small village next door to the resort and visitors are welcome to visit.
All of the staff are outgoing, friendly and knowledgeable. When I left - all the staff in the main building left whatever they were doing and came to sing me a farewell song. All in all, I was quite happy and would return to Crusoe's.

Room tip: time beach walking for low tide. The transfer service they offer is a bit pricey - it is easy and cheap to take local public transport.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2023 via mobile

Great food, friendly, helpful staff, wonderful property, spacious rooms, with outdoor showers( something i will miss when i get home). Truely Paradise! I had an excellent 30 minute tropical massage with Sia. Thank you for the healing hands.

Room tip: Paridise between Nadi and Suva
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie P
Reviewed 10 October 2023

We stayed here for two nights in the beachfront bures. I travelled with my husband and daughter. The staff were great, friendly and very welcoming. It is def a great place to get away from it all however there are a few things to improve on. While the beds were comfy, the rooms could use a major uplift. The restaurant was only open for service 3 times daily and you couldnt order anything in between. The food did not blow me away while the cocktails were fantastic. Will def recommend the crusoes castaway.

Rooms were serviced on time eveyday however i did notice that house keeping staff did not have trolleys that would make their work easier instead of carrying the cleaning supplies, fresh towels amongst other things in baskets.

The beach area was great and had lots to offer for my little one. We saw a number of different sea life incuding a morray eel, sea snake and jelly fishes, which now when i think about it doesnt sound all that safe but was a great teaching and learning opportunity for my daughter and I.

While our first time did not impress me in terms of food, I will say this...if you want to get away from it all and just chill then this maybe one of those places you want to check out.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2023

My stay at Crusoe's Retreat was everything I expected. I was not disappointed in any way.
The staff were kind, gracious, happy and a reflection of their Fijian Lifestyle.
If you want an experience of true island life , this is the place to go.

Relax and drop into deeper relaxation, every day.
Multiple activities every day, language, history, crafting, tours etc...
Meals - plentiful - delicious and healthy - delicious fresh fruits, fish, and local cuisine - well stocked bar by the beach

We had brought snacks because other reviews said to bring snacks since location is remote, but we did not need our snacks. In fact alcohol and food in the bures is discouraged so as not to attract pests. Our bure was bug and pest free - very clean

The remoteness of this location only emphasized the feeling of a retreat and getting away from it all.

A big thank-you to all the staff

Date of stay: October 2023