Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hanmer Springs, New Zealand
Beautiful People
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Oct 2022via mobile
We had 4 wonderful nights no at Crusoes
We visited the village which is right next door to the resort. An awesome experience. We hired a rental car and drove to Suva one day another great experience. Heaps of restaurants and souvenir shops. Breakfast at the resort was adequate you could also choose from the menu. We had 2 themed nights 1 was curry night and the other was a hangi ( food cooked in the earth ). Or you could order from the menu .
We would definitely recommend Crusoes as a Relaxing holiday for couples or a bit more on the go for families like scuba diving, beach volleyball, swimming pool, kayaking. All the activities were included in your accommodation.
Finally , it’s the people of Crusoes resort that are so memorable always smiling and make you feel special.
Date of stay: September 2022
  • Expedia.com
    $313
25.1 km from Crusoe's Retreat
View more hotels in Coral Coast
All reviews local village kava ceremony meal plan dirt road high tide day bed curry night village tour pacific harbour organised activities scuba diving min drive rental car relaxing holiday viti levu villagers bure
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2022

This was my scound stay at this resort, first stay was love the local and service was 5 🌟, my resent stay will always keep me away from this resort. Room stayed was B15 outdated and damaged furniture not worth paid $200fjd per night. Dinner i have ordered 6pm to be served at 8pm but sill serviced 45min late at 8.45pm and when complain for our meal is late staffs were not sorry for late servise and food was over price and taste what not expected, fish n chips burned and can smell old oil. Rice was Cold and rice was used cheaps quality. Teriyaki chicken order with fries but served with rice. For this 3 dish i paid $114 fid absolutely not worth it.

My experience, it looks like hotel has lost the love the local sprit and now staffs and management like to serve overseas guests only.

Very bed experience.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 27 August 2022

I’ve enjoyed beautiful views from the resort and long walks on the beach which I often had all to myself. I left feeling relaxed and lucky to have experienced that beauty.
There are daily free activities and one day I spent the whole morning kayaking and exploring other beaches with one of Crusoe’s staff (in other places there would have been a charge for this kind of guided activity). He also invited me to visit his village (adjacent to the resort) which was an interesting experience – including drinking kava with members of the community.
As a vegan, my food options were pretty limited and considering Crusoe Retreat’s remote location getting to the shops wasn’t very practical. I was only there Thursday-Sunday so it was not a big deal. For those planning to stay longer this is something to keep in mind.
I also had a lovely massage.
My room – or Bure, I should say – was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. The only downside were ants, quite a few of them.
Wi-fi is only available at reception/in the restaurant area, as clearly stated on the website. However there was not connection anywhere for the first 24 hours I was there. I was told this was not uncommon. This is not necessarily a bad thing if you are trying to relax and disconnect but obviously it has its drawbacks.

Room tip: There is no step-free access
Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 5 August 2022

We really enjoyed our stay at Crusoe’s for a week. The resort has a beautiful view, looking directly out over the reef - including from our room! The resort is fairly secluded, but we enjoyed exploring the beaches surrounding the resort for a number of days. We enjoyed the complimentary activities, including kayaking and snorkeling on the reef at high tide, as well as other organised activities with the resort, including a tour of the neighbouring village. It was also very special watching the sun set over the water at happy hour at the bar down at the water’s edge, Taki’s! The staff were a real gem and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable, as well as culturally enriched. A staff member kindly organised for a private dinner for us at the beach on our last night there, which was very special! The only thing worth noting is the wifi is fairly limited in its coverage of the resort - but we found we rarely needed it with that view!
Thank you Crusoe’s for our stay!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2022

A perfect ending to a perfect day. Beautiful intimate resort. Away from the hustle and bustle of big resorts. Beds super comfy. Friendly Fijian staff. Second time back. We will be back again. So lovely to be amongst the Fijian people again. Snorkelling on the beach at the resort. Snorkel at the waist deep rocks on the beach for hundreds of amazing tropical fish

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank laptop24
Reviewed 26 June 2022

A wonderful place to get away from it all and enjoy the beauty and incredible hospitality of Fiji.
The bungalows are clean, spacious, with a large double shower. They clearly have been updated very recently; with more work being done, remodeling 8 units, while we were there in May.

The Crusoe team were special. They happily went out of their way so that we would enjoy our visit, it was like being with friends. The food was great along ocean side with music in the evenings. The outer reef makes for a vast sheltered area, easy access snorkeling to explore, even for beginners. And the incredible sunsets go on forever.

A few of my family have special needs; they took the extra steps to include them in the activities and take care of them. Salema gave us a village tour and we were greeted at the community center for a Kava ceremony, my mom and sister especially enjoyed the stop at the Kindergarten school. They took the time to share their world with us, answering our questions. From America, it was good for me and my group to get our eyes opened that not all have the luxuries that we take for granted. We all had a wonderful and enriching time.

Room tip: Lower bures have easier access to the beach area, the upper level bures have a grander view. Both loved their rooms and their stay.
Date of stay: May 2022