other travellers have booked this property

Review of 222

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
HOPE YOU ENJOY
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Steve L
Sudbury, Canada
“The good, the bad, and the ugly”
Reviewed 22 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

First off let me say that I broke my own rule when booking this place. I always look for pictures of the place and a good trip advisor rating, this place had neither. I took a chance, as you have to have someone rate you or you won't ever get rating traction. I now know now why there were only 4 pictures posted, because as the saying goes a picture tells a thousand words, but I digress.
The Good: Location is at the north edge of Speightown, a five minute walk to the beach, and a five minute walk to downtown. Downtown is nothing to write home about, but the beaches are lovely and much calmer waters than further south.
The bones of the house are nice. Concrete and tile, 3 bedrooms, and overall quite pleasant.
The neighbour's are all very friendly and very helpful. I felt that I was in good hands and safe in the location
Ron, the owner was very nice to deal with, and phoned a couple of times to check in, make sure I was doing OK. He also arranged airport pickup, which I would highly recommend
The bad: Everything in the interior of this house is old. The TV is an old 26" tube job, and all the other electronics are of the same vintage. Satalite TV was not operational, but I did not mention this to Ron, as for me I don't watch TV on vacation. The fridge and stove are, you guest it, old. The stove is a gas pilot light system which left me feeling very uncomfortable. Washing machine old, and tempremental, no dryer as advertised, but an old closeine outside, which I must say worked remarkably well. The beds were old and of poor quality. Two of the three beds were left raw, no sheets or mattress covers. One mattress was badly stained, another mattress lay directly on the ground, with no foundation. Vintage sheets and towels completed the arangement. Pots, pans, cutlery, dishes, toaster etc. Nothing under 15 years old.
The ugly: Road noise. You are next to the main highway, so you will have road noise until about 8.00pm, and you can't shut it out, the windows offer no sound protection. No back yard, you have only the front deck to work with, no trees or plants, just concrete. Very basic showers and sinks. Most leak, and none look very appealing. Can you say old.
As a final note, this place does offer a reasonable accommodation for its price point, just don't think that you are getting any screening bargain, you are not. If the owner were to spend some money and upgrade the interior, add a few plants to the outside, it would make for a nice vacation house rental.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Management Response
25 Jan 2016
In answer to this very disgruntled review. The guest arrived on the Island with a very bad attitude because I always phone my guests and try my best to welcome them to the Island especially when it is their first visit. Upon making contact with this guest, he was complaining to me that the Island had a very nasty stench!, he was also asked to leave a restaurant at 21.00 hours because he was the last person on the premises. He asked me to provide transport from the airport to the property but never mentioned that he had a bicycle, which the driver was not very happy about. He also abused the property,leaving all used utensils dirty, electrical equipment switched on 24/7 i.e. fans, airconditionings, lights and the premises unsecured by leaving the backdoor open. The interior of the property was never cleaned and he left a paltry sum of BD$25.00 for the cleaner, I pay her BD$10.00 plus BD$20.00 graturity. He told me that there was going to be 2 guests, him and his brother, but his brother dropped out at the last minute. His critisism of the outside of the property is not fair, I have a gardener who visits the property once a month. The house is surrounded by a very large concrete area with lots of large flower plants and the front of the house has 3 large flower pots containing palms, there is parking space for about 10 cars or more. There are lots of towels and bed linen provided and everything that makes your stay comfortable and enjoyable and most of all the price is very affordable, especially for Barbados. Barbados does not come cheap. Being a hot country most washing is dried outside and I have provided a very modern rotary line. Complaints about the TV is not fair, because when he mentioned it to me, I said I would see to it and he refused and told me, he did not come to Barbados to watch TV. The day he moved out, the cleaner called the relevant people and was told it was a power surge that caused the problem and it was put right the same day he left. I do hope he will get in touch and I will try my best to put all his wrongs right, because it's my very first negative review and by doing this things could only get better.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing