Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3008robs
Bristol, United Kingdom

Superb! As always!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Mar 2024via mobile
We have been staying at Pefkos Village since 2007, sometimes twice a year, only ever having missed one year, due to the Hotel not opening because of the Pandemic. It never disappoints, in fact I would go so far as to say it gets better every year. PVR a has a real family feel to it, from the family that own it, to their staff, to the facilities it provides, to its location and so on. PVR have many repeat visitors every year and we have made many friends over the years with lots of these returnees. Everybody is made to feel welcome and at home.

It’s in a peaceful location at the end of the village of Pefkos. Yes it’s 15/20 minute walk into the village, but we enjoy the walk in watching the sunset as we venture into the Village, where you will find lots of bars and Tavernas. If you don’t want to wonder in there are several fantastic Tavernas near the Hotel itself and of course there is the Hotel’s own pool bar and restaurant which we have always found superb with the food cook to a high standard. If you don’t want to walk into the Village Reception will call you a taxi or you can hire a car from the Hotel’s sister company Pefkos Cars.

We’ve stayed in both the three bed and four bed rooms over the years, all spacious enough for our needs and with all the equipment that you would need. Your rooms will either be on the ground floor or the 1st floor. There are no lifts at the hotel, as its not a big hotel, so if you do have difficulty with stairs or carrying your luggage up to the 1st floor I would email the Hotel and ask for a ground floor room, which they will do their best to accommodate. Room have air conditioning which is included in your stay.

The Pool area has plenty of sun beds, with toilets and a shower room alongside it, as well as an outdoor shower, handy if you’ve visited the local beaches, of which there are several within a 5/10 minute walk, in addition to the main Pefkos beach, where you will find plenty of sun beds for hire. The Hotel has two pools, which includes a small baby pool. Grounds are clean and always well maintained.

A new addition in recent years has been a washing machine on site which was free to use, you just had to buy your own washing liquid / powder. There is also a small shop behind the bar, where you can buy essentials but I would recommend using the services of the Hotel’s sister supermarket, ABC, where you can preorder items to your room to be there when you arrive, or you can order whilst in the resort.

As mentioned we have always found the food great, from the breakfast that is included in your stay, which sets you up for the day, to the pool bar menu, to the Greek Taverna Menu in the evening. We have always found the food cooked to a high standard with lots of choice.

As with every stay the best thing about the hotel is the staff. It’s no lie when I say they can’t do enough for you. They are what makes it feel a home away from how year after year. If you have a question, need information or have a problem they will do their best to help you.

If you are considering PVR you won’t go wrong, it is a home away from home.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Expedia.com
    $249
    $183
View more hotels in Pefkos
All reviews minute walk main beach one bedroom apartment pool area air con plenty of sunbeds next year great holiday self catering mini market half board nikolas taverna up hill apartments are spacious sister hotel peaceful location large balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2024

I visited Pefkos Village Resort end of June for 2 weeks with my daughter.

My first impressions were good, and the apartment was towards the back of the complex meaning a quieter environment. The pool area was inviting, and it had a nice feel about it. I have read all the negative reviews and took the rough with the smooth.

I used their shopping service from their own store, which is called ABC Supermarkets to have a supply of food and drink on arrival. This was a handy service, although I must warn you prices are quite expensive.

For the first 2 days we got to know the resort and the nearby beaches. We had lunch the first day on arrival, which although was a bit too oily, it was tasty. We both had the Chicken Gyros and it was much needed after our long journey.

On the first night we tried both the meat moussaka and the vegetarian moussaka, which again was pleasant, but certainly didn't taste fresh. Something, which I found disappointing as I regularly cook different cuisines including Greek food.

On the Saturday (2nd night) we once again had dinner at the restaurant. My daughter had a Chicken Linguine and I had Gemista (Stuffed pepper and tomato).

Upon tasting both the stuffed pepper and tomato, I found it to be rather strange. The chips, salad and the linguine tasted fine, although again the pasta didn't seem very fresh. Once again, I tried some more of the dish and the taste and smell told me there was something wrong with it. I can handle bland food, but this was disgusting. I was incredibly disappointed because this is one of my favourite dishes and something that I was looking forward to.

They didn't charge me for my dish, and I shortly went back to the apartment. About 45 minutes after eating the Gemista, I was violently ill resulting in chronic vomiting and diarrhoea constantly for the next 2-3 hours. Personally, this was definitely as a result of the food that I had eaten. My daughter had a similar episode earlier in the year resulting in the exact same symptoms. It is called Staphylococcus and symptoms occur 30 minutes after consuming contaminated food. This was one of the most awful nights I have ever had, and I felt sorry for my daughter seeing me this way. She didn't know what to do. I was amazed at how much came out of my body.

The onsite Doctor was called (They have known him for 15-20 years apparently).
He gave me an injection to stop the vomiting and diagnosed me with Gastroenteritis and what he described as German Covid.

First of all, I flew from England and not Germany. Symptoms for Covid take 5 days to manifest themselves and my daughter was fine even though we spent 8 hours sat next to each other in a car, plane and coach. I googled German Covid and there is no such thing. I had travelled the day before, so surely, if I got Covid on the plane, it wouldn't be until the following Wednesday that symptoms occur. I have also had gastroenteritis a couple of times, and this usually lasts for at least 3 days and in some cases up to 2 weeks. I spent Sunday resting but didn't have any symptoms. I was weak, dehydrated and to be honest a bit traumatised from the previous night’s event.

This is when I discovered out of date grated parmesan, which was dated 20th June - we arrived on the 23rd. A block of Parmesan would be fine, but once you grate it, you decrease it's life duration. I'm glad I checked because the smell was unpleasant, and it could of hindered my recovery. I emailed ABC Supermarkets 4 times to get a measly 6 euros refund. Once again, a poor demonstration of customer service and not even an apology on the 4th time of asking.

I did go out on the Monday for a bit of a walk and because the staff saw me, they assumed that I had made a full recovery. I felt responsible for my daughter, and I was actually attempting to try and speed up my recovery. I also didn't want her to be alone in a place she is not familiar with plus I had severe cabin fever! I started to try and get out and about properly on the Tuesday, but I still felt weak and worried what to eat. I then suffered constipation for 3 days, so the first week for me was a real challenge and one spent in discomfort.

Towards the end of the holiday, I politely asked the receptionist how I go about making a complaint. She looked shocked and became defensive. I'm afraid, if you are unwilling to accept someone’s point of view, then perhaps this isn't the industry for you. She also explained to me that the chef had been sacked.

The next night (our last), the Resort Manager agreed to come and meet me. For me, this wasn't a chance for him to provide customer service, but a chance to make a mockery of my illness and be arrogant and rude.

First of all he referred to me as Pavlo (My name is Paul). Then, when I explained that I had never been that ill, he responded by saying "Pavlo, just one day".
Other comments were "That is your opinion" and "do you think you are the 1 in 20 years". I felt these were patronising and very arrogant comments. This was a very sensitive subject and I think Hotel establishments need to be very careful how they come across to the customer. When, I mentioned about the chef being sacked, he responded by saying that it had nothing to do with the food that was served to me. He also admitted to the fact that they freeze the stuffed mixture, which could be precarious especially if the food was left out in 80-degree heats to defrost. You must be so careful with how long you leave cooked rice out for and how you reheat it.

The Resort was basically pleading their innocence with 2 coincidences. The first being that I was ill before eating the meal they had served up plus the fact that a chef had been fired the following day after the event occurred.

I am disappointed with the response more than anything. I accept things go wrong, but I have heard nothing from this resort. Easyjet Holidays said that whilst I was being violently ill that I should collect a stool sample - sorry that I didn't think of this whilst having one of the worst nights of my life!.

Easyjet Holidays did offer me a token amount, but it just wasn’t enough to replace the days where I wasn't well. This would also indicate closure of the complaint and I did not feel that this was a worthy settlement. They also said that the restaurant must adhere to strict guidelines on food hygiene, but I assume that their Supermarket has to do something similar? for example not to sell out of date dairy food!!.

The 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen that worked the day and night shift on the bar were always friendly and helpful. The Lady, who I think was the Head Chef was also welcoming and very concerned about my welfare - sorry, I forgot your name, but you were very kind. I don't think that she was working on the particular night, when I had this episode.

The buffet breakfast was adequate. The highlight for me was the fresh orange juice and the mushrooms.

The apartments as I said were in a quiet location towards the back and I generally slept well. The air conditioning was very welcome especially when I was recovering. There is no oven, but there is a microwave (I thought it was an oven, but it didn't matter). The living area was spacious and I have no complaints whatsoever with the apartment.

We went to Amfialos Restaurant, which is about 8-10 minute walk and the food is very good and staff were excellent. The fish is fresh, and it was just what I needed towards the end of the first week. The Eleni apartments also have a restaurant/bar and although it took half an hour to serve (The poor chap was on his own), I had the best Pork Gyros - not oily, but all freshly cooked. I do not mind waiting, if the food is good and this was exceptional.

We went on a boat trip and I would recommend you do this, if you come to Pefkos. It really did kickstart our holiday going for a swim and snorkel in the sea.

Pefkos Village Resorts is part of a group called Lindian Collection Group. They have a considerable number of resorts, restaurants, and snack bars along with ABC Supermarkets. We both recommend People Snack Bar for a bite to eat at lunch - the burger and chicken souvlaki was excellent, and we ended up going here twice. For a meal at night, we found Meltemi to be good too and we went here twice as well. We had Pizza at La Piazza (not part of LCG), but I found this disappointing and would suggest trying the other Pizzerias.

There is so much to do and explore and we enjoyed getting to know Pefkos, Lindos and Rhodes Town. Unfortunately, that one night really did have an overwhelming impact on me.

I personally feel that I was unlucky, but unfortunately things do go wrong, and you must show some accountability. I do not feel that Pefkos Village Resorts managed the situation well and their complete lack of response speaks volumes.

I would suggest doing some research on local doctors before going to any resort, so that you have a good contact, if you find yourself in a similar predicament. I would also ensure you submit any samples as evidence. Take some specimen jars with you too!.

On the morning of departure, we waited for our coach in the reception area. The receptionist was talking to some customers about matters not related to business. We were sat on the couch for almost 20 minutes. I think, she could have made a bit more effort to try and talk with us before leaving. It was obvious we were leaving as we had our cases next to us.

I'm past being angry now, I am just extremely disappointed and came away from the resort feeling dissatified and unhappy.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PaulGoodman1976
stefanos pallas, Owner at Pefkos Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2024

Dear Mr Goodman

Further to your review following your stay at Pefkos Village Resort, we have now had the opportunity to read through the notes taken by our staff at the time of your stay in order to respond to you in full. We were quite surprised that, it has taken you over 6 months to write your review since you expressed to our staff during your stay that you were going to post a review about your experience online.

We would like to offer the following response to you so that Trip Advisor users are able to read a more balanced view of what occurred during your stay with us and our actions and response to you as a guest during this period.

We would like to clarify the following points in relation to your allegations of food poisoning or more specifically (but completely unverified) Staphylococcus, as you self-diagnosed.

With regards to the meal that you say made you ill, we would like to clarify that upon you complaining that the food was not “right”, we immediately offered you another complimentary meal from our menu, which you refused. Later in the evening, when you initially contacted reception to advise that you were ill, you refused our offer of a Doctor, and instead we sent our maintenance team to unblock the sink, at your request. Our staff noticed at this time that you already had medication for a pre-existing stomach related ailment. We proactively contacted your room again later in the evening, to check on your condition, and had to persuade you to have a Doctor visit. We arranged for a private Doctor to visit you at our expense, and he arrived within 20 minutes. He immediately treated you with an anti-sickness medication and discussed with you his diagnosis. A diagnosis made from over 30 years of medical experience, and one which you are able to offer no evidence of it being incorrect, other than your “opinion”.

We continued to offer you support via our Reception, asking if we could bring anything to your room, however your illness was short-lived, as the Doctor advised it would be, and you were out and about around the Hotel the following day. You did not complain of any further illness after this. We would also like to mention that the meal in question was served throughout the evening and there were no other illness reported by our guests.

We can only apologise that you felt that the friendly nature of our Hotel Manager to be offensive. He meant no harm at all in referring to you using the Greek version of your name, indeed this warm gesture is made to imply familiarity and welcoming hospitality towards our visitors. You did not mention to him at the time that you found this to be offensive, nor did you correct him.

In relation to the Chef that left the Hotel, unfortunately you seem to have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 6. The Chef that left the Hotel did not prepare the food that you ate, nor did he leave because of the incident that you have discussed in your review. There does seem to be an ongoing theme in your review of ‘what you want to be true’ = fact (your ability to cook better than a Greek chef, your ability to diagnose illness better than a Doctor, your familiarity with our HR procedures). Unfortunately, this is nothing more than conjecture on your part.

With regards to your abc order, we are unable to comment or respond in this review. We are responding as Pefkos Village Resort and do not feel it appropriate to respond on behalf of a completely separate business. Likewise, we don’t feel your gripe with abc is appropriate to be included on a Pefkos Village Resort review.

We feel that your observation of our receptionist on your last day to be unfair. As you mention in your review, she was speaking with other guests – she was not sat purposely ignoring you – she was busy dealing with other hotels guests, as is her job as receptionist. We are not sure why you find this to be offensive, or indeed even worth mentioning and it does come across as a rather tenuous attempt to highlight some slight on our behalf.

Overall, and after investigating your review thoroughly, we feel that you were treated very well as a guest at the Hotel, and we were very happy with the level of care that our staff provided you with. Indeed, there was nothing that you requested that we were unable to deliver, and we acted immediately and appropriately in the circumstances. You mention that there was a “complete lack of response” from us – this was not true during your stay – we have a full and detailed event log which shows our staff contacting you on multiple occasions with regards to your wellbeing and taking appropriate action. Following on from your stay, you have not contacted the Hotel and it took you 6 months to write this review.

We hope that our detailed response to your allegations provide a better insight to readers and reassure them that our Hotel does, and will continue to, offer the highest possible standard of care and support to our guests during their stay with us.

Regards

Reviewed 17 December 2023

Pefkos Village Resort consists of several blocks of studios and apartments about 20 minutes’ walk from the centre of the Pefkos and 12 minutes from the bus stop up a steep but manageable hill for the first 10 minutes. We stayed in a 3 person apartment that was on the edge of the Resort and were lucky to enjoy great views of the sea, mountains and surrounding countryside which many of the other rooms did not share.

The accommodation was spacious with a separate seating/kitchen area and a bedroom with plenty of storage space for clothes, etc. Beds and pillows were on the firm side, and the room did not have a full length mirror but there was a basic hairdryer and a television. The kitchen had cooker hobs and a microwave plus cutlery, crockery and drinking vessels for 3 people. Some of the items were a bit old and showed initial signs of rust. There was no washing up liquid or tea towels, items we have been supplied with when staying in other self-catering accommodation. There were also no toiletries in the bathroom except for 2 small tablets of soap. The air-conditioning was included in the price although we had to pay 25 euros for the safe for our 2 week stay. The safe was quite small and not big enough to store all valuables. The room was kept clean by the hard-working cleaner who visited every day. There were a lot of tiny ants in the accommodation but they seem an unavoidable hazard.

The grounds of the Resort were well maintained and pleasant with several olive trees and other plants/shrubs. The swimming pool was an adequate size although it did become quite lively nearer to the school half term holidays.

We stayed on a package that included breakfast. There was plenty of choice at breakfast including fruit, yoghurt, omelettes, bread, cake and cooked food such as bacon, eggs, sausages and mushrooms. There were also a number of local items that were very tasty. Coffee and tea were available and there was a machine that provided fresh orange juice. The breakfast option was excellent value. We didn’t eat in the hotel at night, preferring to stretch our legs and visit some of the local restaurants plus we travelled to Lindos and Lardos. We were also put off a bit by the repetitive and slightly too loud music. We did have one lunch and it seemed good value for money.

Staff at the resort were very friendly particularly Andela on reception, the cleaning lady and the man who made the omelettes.

Pefkos is nicely located and is close to Lindos which costs 1.80 euros on the bus or 10 euros in a taxi although some taxi drivers will ask for more and there is also an additional charge if a hotel or restaurant orders the taxi to pick you up. It is also easy to get from Pefkos to Rhodes Town and it costs just 6 euros on the bus each way. The main centre of Pefkos is nice but it is purely a tourist resort, every building seems to be connected with tourism in some way and we were informed that the winter population of Pefkos is just 200 people.

We enjoyed our stay at the Resort and found that being outside the centre was an attraction.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
stefanos pallas, Owner at Pefkos Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2023

Dear ‘Amani10’ ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write us such a kind and detailed review, we really appreciate it. Reading your review, one can almost get the feeling of how it is to have a holiday at Pefkos Village Resort. Our goal is to create lovely memories of an enjoyable and relaxing holiday and we take great pleasure in achieving it. We will strive to maintain our standards as our guests continually give us motivation to do so. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2023

Fantastic hotel , very clean , rooms spacious , great balcony and the best breakfast you could wish for so much choice and beautifully presented .

Lovely staff , great location , all in all superb . Looking forward to returning in May 2024.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona H

Dear Fiona,

Thank you so much for this very kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday with us. It is our pleasure to cater for our guests’ every need and reading your comments is a big reward for us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

Excellent hotel. We stayed in a studio overlooking pool which was adequate for our needs. Breakfast lovely. Near beautiful Kavos beach. 20 min walk into town which may be an issue if you have mobility issues as was up and down hill. We walked in and got a taxi back which was only 5-6 euros.
Yes there are some ants but what do you expect in a hot Mediterranean country!
Would def return

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank H9184DEcarolc

Dear Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you here and we are pleased to note that you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel including the room and the services. We hope to welcome you back soon and once again thank you for your thoughtful review.

Reviewed 25 October 2023

The hospitality is absolutely wonderful and the resort is quite simply wonderful.
The gentlemen who makes mybhusbands omelette every morning is so lovely and his wife is great, he even still came in when he broke his arm!! Making omelette and pancakes.

The pool is clean, grounds kept well, beach towels good size and free for the duration of the trip. Laundry room is small but suitable. Breakfast has a good selection of Greek and English selection.
Beds are ok and we all slept well, cleaning is great.

Small intimate beach close by and a larger beach still only about 20 mins walk along with local strip of resturants , bars, shops and car hire.

Overall I didn't want to leave and would definitely return.

Room tip: Everything was fantastic!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DayTrip67411653113

Dear ‘PAD Family’,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Pefkos Village Resort. Your positive comments regarding the staff, rooms, facilities, and the hotel overall were wonderful to read and it’s good to know that are getting things right and that these things had such a positive impact on your holiday. Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.