“Another fantastic experienxe”

Les Epis D'Or
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

It was the second we went there and like the first time it was fantastic
It is a visual and savory experience
The food is extraordinary
The wine very good
The staff still great
We will come back again

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We visited for lunch last week because this is my sister's local restaurant. It was several years since she and her husband had been there and they were very impressed by how much it had improved since their last visit. Unfortunately, the June weather meant that it was not fine enough to eat in the advertised garden but the room is pleasant and the food beautifully presented and they were very happy when we mixed and matched the prix-fixe menus with variations, including sharing. We were very sorry that the turbot dish was unavailable. Our main reservation was that the food was somewhat under-seasoned.Although we all have reasonable French (my sister and her husband fluent) we enjoyed the waiter who had spent time in Brighton and spoke very good English. Certainly somewhere to go back to when we are again in Champagne.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were recommended this restaurant whilst staying in Parmain and I'm so glad we decided to go. I have eaten in a fair few fine dining establishments and this restaurant is very good indeed and in terms of value for money, it beats most places you can go to find this standard of food and service. Compared to more local restaurants, offering 3 course meals it could be percieved as being expensive but please give it a go.

We turned up without booking and were seated straight away although the restaurant was busy. My french is ok but not great so I struggled to understand the concept of the menu and the details of specials etc (my own fault) but with some determined help from the waiters and a mixture of my broken french we managed to get somewhere and understand things. We went for the Chef's special which was Lobster followed by Veal and then a Caramel fondant for desert. Each dish looked as good as it tasted and had we been more clued up on our french we could have ordered something more adventurous (or certainly something different each) because every dish that cam out the kitchen looked fantastic.

Delicious food that looked beautiful as well as tasting fabulous along with lovely service definitely makes this a restaurant I would want to go back to and would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We visited as a party of 6 colleagues, a mix of French and English, for dinner. After an initial problem when we arrived 15 mins early for a 7.30 p.m. booking and found they were reluctant to let us enter the restaurant, the service was very good from then on and the food was truly delicious. They offered us a "special" menu at the same price as the 37 euro 3 course menu and all courses were interchangeable. The dishes were excellent, a gastronomic pleasure for all of us. I would heartily recommend the restaurant and look toward to the next visit there.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

The cuisine is excellent and service efficient and friendly, the one negative comment is that the wine list was a little short on choice, otherwise, thoroughly recommended.