“Excellent food and service”
Review of The Hawthorn

The Hawthorn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Crosby
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for special occasions for quite a while now and have never been disappointed!
There is plenty of parking space to the left and right of the building, with an extension car park on the right.
It is spacious inside. There is the 'old' part in what I call the main building, and then the extension on the left which is bright and well lit, with a roof patio above that. It was too cold last Saturday to eat up there!!
A group of six of us went for an evening meal. There were all sorts of groups sat eating, from couples right up to larger 'parties' but our service was still very good.
We had drinks and were left just the right amount of time to work out what we wanted to eat.
Everyone got something different. A varied menu to choose from and there is vegetarian and kids stuff as well.
I had chicken liver pate which was nice as usual. Only slight complaint I had (and I do with any premises who serve the 'toast' this way) is that my small pieces of 'toasted rusticata' were very hard and I was concerned about breaking my teeth. Next time I am going to ask for proper toast, not just here, but at any restaurant.
Everyone else thoroughly enjoyed their starters.
My main course was chicken madras with 1/2 rice and 1/2 chips, which included a poppadum and mango chutney. Lovely! It had a bit of punch to it but it wasn't too hot!
Others had the Caribbean chicken, Thai green curry, and one had the sirloin from the grill and surfed it with prawns.
All very nice and filling which meant that none of us could manage a desert!
The staff were friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble whether it was ordering more drinks or some extra yoghurt to go with the Thai curry.
The toilets are spotless.
A thoroughly enjoyable night.
We will always go back here again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

One step above canteen food. Advertised Manx beef and lamb for Sunday lunch but dished up reconstructed grey super thin slices of a meat that could have been either of the above. Veg that was tasteless and worryingly uniform. Super size Yorkshire puds to distract from the less than ordinary fare. Overpriced even at a reasonable rate. Don't do it... Your stomach won't forgive you..

3  Thank Sean G
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I and two friends had lunch at the Hawthorne Inn recently.

The service was friendly and attentive.

The atmosphere was pleasant, especially in the 'new' extension.

The food was well prepared, seasoned and tasty. we all chose differently and were happy with our choices, except that I was served the smallest lamb shank I have ever seen! A pity really when everything else was fine!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This place could be easily missed if one is rushing along the road TT style, but I would highly recommend stopping by. The menu has immense variety and it all sounds very appetising, the only improvement could be more vegetarian and vegan options, (and maybe slightly less meat options as its so hard to choose which!).
The service was good, apart from we said we'd like to order some coffees after our desert but they didn't reappear for this to happen. The food here is very tasty and satisfying, and it is all reasonable in price. I would definitely return if I am around again.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Another lunch time visit with friends. Despite a varied menu making choice difficult we all opted for the fish and chips. Friendly staff and good value. Another visit soon....