1,012 results
All reviews waterfront restaurant open water garden room great diving advanced adventurer refresher course marine life water front traditional bungalow laid back octopus diving school great accommodation outdoor shower deluxe bungalow muesli our honeymoon
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This was our second trip to Gili Air & we decided to stay with Manta Dive again...& so glad we did. The accommodation is great, we stayed in the traditional Sasak bungalow which has air conditioning & a fantastic outdoor bathroom. Since our previous stay 3 years ago they have now completed some garden cottages & also the Waterfront Hotel next door.
This was a dive holiday for us & once again highly recommend these guys. The equipment is modern & well maintained, all the staff top notch. It was great to see dive masters we met 3 years ago still there & still passionate about their diving. We had Tobi looking after us for all our dives & Raffi join us- these guys were fantastic, would definitely dive with these guys again when we come back & can highly recommend them to anyone going to visit.
We will be back & won't be waiting another 3 years to visit again. Without any doubt we will also stay & dive with Manta again. Thanks to everyone at Manta for making our stay so amazing, have already started planning our next trip- congrats Daisy on achieving your 100th dive

Room Tip: wifi not the best but is fairly consistent with the rest of the island, we went there to get away from emails etc so wasn't an issue for us
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank thendy
Reviewed 25 March 2016

We travel the world to scuba dive and found Manta Dive Gili Air to be a very organized and customer oriented dive and resort operations. We were on Gili Trawangan two years ago and although we visited many of the same dive sites, I prefer Gili Air for peace and quiet. The dIve and resort staff were friendly and always asking if they could help us with anything. Our dive guide was Opik and we thought he was the best. Dive conditions were challenging at times with a strong current. Bungalows were nice with a large outdoor bathroom. I hope to go back.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nanfla
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Having come from Komodo, I wasn't expecting much - a few relaxing fun dives unwinding and chill. What I got was much better. So good I decided to do my advanced with Manta.

Dani, my instructor was top notch - not the super spunk that Toby is but extremely professional yet still fun (I know the guys have a comp for name mentions in reviews). From the office manager to boat staff to dive team - faultless.

I can't comment on shop equipment as I travelled with own regs, BCD and camera.

This isn't a dive resort. It's a teaching dive centre with accommodation. There are no dive resorts I can see on Air.

Will be back - who knows. Might even try and do more courses.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Stayed at Manta Dive for 6 nights in march, very nice little bungalow style hotel. Rooms where nice, bathroom/shower outside. The staff was very helpful. Location on Gili Air is great, perfect spot for snorklin, very good restaurants close by.
Diving was fantastic and the whole dive operation is first class.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Very professional, friendly and internationally staffed diving school (it seemed?!) place was recommended to me by another backpacker. All the dive shops on the Gili Islands have a minimum price agreement of 490,000 IDR (about £25) which includes all the equipment you need for one fun dive! So I wouldn't waste your time looking around for quotes from other shops, just ones you feel you like. The staff here are very relaxed and laid back and the feeling rubs off on you quite easily to make for a really chilled out dive!
I'm an advanced diver and had a 1:1 dive with Daisy, rad divemaster who knew her stuff! Saw plenty of cool and interesting things and sea life! I'd definitely dive with them again.
All the dive sites are like, 15 minutes away from the shop, so book in advance or go on a whim! It doesn't seem to matter!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo