1,712 results
All reviews gili t pool bar horse cart free bikes west side quiet side main part main area bike ride explore the island beach front private beach our honeymoon cidomo harbour swing bali
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Aston Hotel was one of the few open after the devastating earthquakes that affected Gili T islands. It was very well kept, and the surroundings were really beautiful! The area felt a bit empty at the time, but the hotel had organized free movie screenings on the beach that attracted quite a lot of people. The pool is very well maintained and has a bar inside. Beach is a bit rocky and having water shoes is recommended. Staff was extremely pleasant and warm. The only downside was small choice of vegetarian/vegan options on the restaurant menu, but hopefully this will improve in the future.
The hotel is situated on the quiet part of the island, but the bikes are available for free on the first come/first serve basis. Some of the bikes needs a bit of maintenance though. Nevertheless, we were very happy with our stay here!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Emmanuel927, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Dominyka,

Thank you for your positive comment on our resort and bringing the vegetarian menu and bike issues into my attention. As soon as the suppliers are ready then the menus will be back to normal and more variety since they are victim of the earthquake as well. We are going to improve the bikes condition since almost all the good ones were missing during/after earthquake and for time being we are using the existing ones now which is they are our older bikes were kept in the workshop for maintenance. Hopefully you will find us better in the future when everything back to normal.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

So much fun to sit on a beanbag and watch a movie on the beach. Only sad thing is they didnt have any snacks on the menu such as popcorn or some nice fingerfood. Even the lumpia's were unavailable. So I ordered only drinks which is a shame.
Movie starts around 18.30 (right after sunset) and the play 3 different movies in a row.
Just be aware that prices are quite high (about 3 to 4 times as high as normal). Then again, the movie is for free.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Emmanuel927, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Gina,

Sorry for the snack and light foods, in fact we are still on preparation on them and the setting due to we only reopen the resort recently after recovered from the earthquake. They will be ready as soon as possible in this week. Hopefully you will have better experience of holiday in your next visit here.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I stay for a night at Aston Sunset Beach Resort Gili Trawangan. I have no words but splendid! Especially for the staffs. They are so caring and kind. Helpful as well as informative. Thumbs up for them!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Akha Zakariya,

Thank you for your positive comment on our services. We wish to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Substandard for the price but very good all the same. Cycles available, food wasn't all that, staff were superb. Eddy, Vica and Elin. I actually emailed the hotel after the Earthquake to inquire on these staff, no reply. I hope they are okay and would like to know. Please get back to me.

They gave a free drink upon arrival, made from concentrate. Classless. Don't do it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mohammed S
Emmanuel927, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your advise on the welcome drink, I will replace it with better ones. I had replied your email, however, all guests and all staff were safe and well taken cared including Eddy, Vica and Elin. Our hotel's building were safe with good condition which is we are open and ready to welcoming the guests now. See you again here.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The food was below average and I travelled into town every day to avoid eating there. Quality is equivalent of frozen meals back home. Also note that this hotel is on the other side of the island, too far to walk into town so only way in is by borrowing a bike from the hotel. Beware, it's not a leisurely ride. Not smooth roads, major pit holes, cobble stone and takes about 20mins. Quite an arduous task! If I had my time again I'd stay closer to town.I will give them credit, they looked after us very well the day after the earthquake. Putting on breakfast & beverages.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Emmanuel927, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I will check the food that you had during your stay here since we need to check on which item that need our improvement. I am sorry for our product did not meet your expectation and hopefully you will find our food better in your next visit. We are glad to find all our guests and all employee were safe and well taken care during the earthquake.