All reviewstaxi rankair conwater machinesafety boxspar supermarketfew minutes walk awaynice showerswimming poolshort stayhigher floorroom numberbars and restaurantslocation is greatstreet viewnight staysun loungerssister hotel
Reviewed 29 July 2018

You get what you pay for. I stayed between 22nd July and 27 July 2018.
Firstly, most of the staff don't seem bothered, that's the impression I got anyway. When I asked different staff sometimes for information they always replied: 'hold on, just a moment,' and carried on with what they were doing but they were friendly and helpful enough.
The hotel was basic and seemed a bit old. The room was basic with basic furniture but the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was fine.
The hotel was noisy though because we could hear noisy people all the time in the room next to us and people above. Also, we were on the 1st floor at the front of the hotel at the end and there was a taxi rank opposite. This was noisy and there were regularly groups of noisy people at early hours of the morning speaking loudly and shouting which woke me up. There was a bar opposite too.
What worried me the most was the lack of security in the hotel. On our last night, Thursday 26th July, I was awoken by a man screaming and shouting at a woman in the early hours of the morning in the room opposite mine, so I called reception and it took them a while to respond. The argument and fight seemed to go on for ages and I called the reception again. The receptionist told me that the owners of the hotel don't want the employees to call the police (bad publicity) and that they had called 'security.' The worrying thing was that the 'security' was somewhere else! They were waiting for 'security!' So, readers, there doesn't seem to be ANY security in this hotel! Worrying for your safety me thinks or if something bad was happening. Eventually the local police turned up to stop the argument (which was not the first of the night)!
By the way, a local politician has just implemented a new law all over the island basically forcing all the bars to turn down music and switching it off at midnight. I didn't see ANY live music too. If you are going there for music and to dance in bars, DON'T go to Ibiza! Bars are trying to now charge you 50 euros or so to go to a separate part of a bar just to have loud music. Don't fall for it! You have been warned!!

Stayed: July 2018
Anaguasch2017, directora at Hotel Central Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Theway I,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our Central Playa Hotel with all users on TripAdvisor.

We regret that in some ways we have not been able to meet your expectations about your stay in our Hotel.
The hotel has a diurnal and night security service.
The hotel is located in Ibiza Town.
We apologize for the inconveniences caused. We will pass on your comments and observations to our Central Department in order to implement the necessary changes, as our guests’ satisfaction is certainly our main goal.
We apologize once again and take this opportunity to inform you that Playasol Ibiza Hotels has several establishments in Ibiza which are best suited to your needs and expectations.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My husband and I stayed here at the end of may for 2 nights (sorry for the late review) but have eventually got round so here goes..
Well so glad we booked this lovely hotel as wasn't sure what to expect but can honestly say we really loved it.
Check in was done with the lovely Emma, i think have got her name right (long dark curly hair) please forgive me if havent am terrible with names! Anyway she greeted us with a lovely smile and welcome and explained everything to us in fact all the staff are lovely which means a lot.
In no time at all we had our keys and off to our room.
We booked a Superior room and were well pleased with it most important to me and other half were the beds as i so dread when aboard (brick or board) springs to mind pardon the punt! but no problems here they were very comfy.
Had a good size fridge which was handy as good lot of hotels you just get the little mini fridges and even some dont do any so that was good.
Bathroom had a bath with fitted shower head which worked very well and water pressure very good and always good temperature.
I think we were on the 5th floor had a small balcony with street view could just about see the sea need to be up on higher floor but we didnt use the balcony as were out mostly so didnt really mind.
We booked the breakfast which was good the usual buffet style but plenty of choice.
Has a lovely small swimming pool which we used on the Saturday and had it all to ourselves for a good part of the day.
As said location is great as is near to everything,part of the reason why we booked, with beach restaurants shops and taxi rank was just across the road.
So to sum it all up we had a fab time in a great hotel and will definitely be back .
Thank you so much.

Stayed: May 2018
Anaguasch2017, directora at Hotel Central Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear shaz247,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our Central Playa Hotel with all users here on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that we were able to meet your expectations, and pleased to know you enjoyed the great location very close to shops, taxi stop, town center, beach, that you enjoyed the kindly and friendly staff to whom we will forward your nice comment, specially the girl with long dark curly hair, the usual buffet plenty of choice, the small swimming pool and the comfort of the bath and room with a little fridge, comfy beds.

We will be happy to welcome you back as a guest on your next visit in Ibiza at the Central Playa Hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

On the 13th of July i was approached by a reception worker that identified himself as the boss of the building. I had a 3 bedroom room that i had arranged with reception before and approached the room with my two work colleagues, he declined my entrance to the hotel and said he would call security and he that he was the only boss. I don’t even want to talk about the state of the hotel.

Intimidation and aggressive behaviour is more than enough for me to avoid a hotel. I will write a formal complain to a directives of the playa sol ibiza hotel to inform them about their staff issues.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Andres M
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel cleaning staff knock on your door at 7am each morning attempting to clean your room which was ridiculous. The walls are paper thin and you can hear a whisper in the room next to you and all of the walking and banging from rooms above you very loudly. Overall was a very unpleasant stay and I would not recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Anaguasch2017, directora at Hotel Central Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear ciaradavina,

First of all we regret that we have not been able to meet your expectations at the Central Playa Hotel and we want to thank you for sharing your experience of the stablishment with all Tripadvisor users.
The schedule of cleanliness of the rooms begins from 09.00 am to 15.00pm
Customer satisfaction is our main goal and therefore we take note of your comment. We will forward your feedback to our Central Department to make the necessary adjustments, as all comments on our behalf are the best motivation for continuous improvement of our services.

Once again we apologize and also we like to enlighten that PLAYASOL IBIZA HOTELS has other establishments in different areas of the island perhaps, more suitable to your needs in your next stay in Ibiza.

Kindest regards,
Ana Maria G.,

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I stayed there two nights. The best part of the hotel is its location, its just next to the beach, maybe 100 meters? So very convenient. Its also close to the main big streets of Ibiza and to the bus stops that you may need for from-to airport.
The reception person was very helpful, answered all my questions, and gave suggestions for sightseeing.
The room was standard, having basics that you might need..
However it was very noisy, you can hear everything from the neighbor rooms because of the very thin walls. So if you are very sensitive to noise during your sleep, consider this.
In the description of the hotel it was telling about the pool, but when i arrived, the reception said the pool is under construction. Even though the beach is next to the hotel and you may not need to use the pool, it would be nice to inform guests beforehand about this. However they offered another solution, the reception told me that if I want, I can use the next hotel's pool, which they have kind of agreement as i understood.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Anaguasch2017, directora at Hotel Central Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear N Y,

We are pleased to read that we were able to meet your expectations and we are glad to know that you appreciated the Hotel location, just next to the beach, close to the main street to Town Center, bus and taxi stop.
We appreciate your warm words about our dedicated staff at reception, always happy to assist you during your stay with us.
Regarding your comment on the swimming pool, was in works of maintenance, we are working on the improvement of our services and sometimes there are incidents out of our control who we cannot solve so so rapidly as we want.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused and we will pass on your comments and observations to our Central Department in order to implement the necessary changes, as our guests’ satisfaction is certainly our main goal.

We are looking forward to having you back as a guest on your next visit in Ibiza at the Central Playa Hotel.