“Spontaneous visit to Olcio”
Review of Aquaduulza

Aquaduulza
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant, traditional cuisine and specialties of our Lake
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We were going to have lunch in varenna but finding a parking spot was a challenge on a sunny Saturday so we decided to go for a little adventure. Olcio is about 15mins from varenna and the road was wide and scenic! We saw a little red brick restaurant right on the lake with tables outside, we decided it was time for lunch. On such a stunning day of course we had to sit outside to enjoy the view and sunshine. The menu is very simple and typical Italian food, we ordered Parma ham and buffalo mozzarella and a chicken salad. Everything tasted good, it’s not your 5 star restaurant but we were satisfied!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This restaurant has a lovely terrace overlooking the lake and a promising menu. Unfortunately on the day of our visit, there was the risk of rain so we were asked to eat inside. The back room of the restaurant was too hot to enjoy our meal on a July day. We took our coffee on the outside terrace (no rain in the end...) which prompted some rather abrupt remarks in our direction from one of the staff. In general the service was mixed; food is OK...such a shame that our visit to a potentially nice restaurant was so disappointing.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this lovely place by our hotel owner. This place was amazing. Staff friendly. Food amazing! Try the ravioli! The al fresco dining was brilliant - right next to the lake. A lovely setting. Coming back here next time I visit. Thank you to the staff here! Grazie Mille!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I was expecting an authentic local meal here, what I got was below par, I had the set menu which was very ordinary, however my family ordered off the menu and they all enjoyed their meals far more than I did. Nice little place with a bit of parking which can be hard to find in this area. Tip risotto was better than pasta.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We had the 2 course menu for 20 euros that was offered and had been recommended by our guest house locally . I had the meat menu and my husband the fish . My ravioli was quite tasty and my husband's pasta with minimal slightly fishy cream sauce was just OK but ordinary . For the main course I was presented with a 6-7 cm round cheese with a very small piece of ham on the top and a spoonful of cooked vegetables -no sauce. My husband had 2 small grilled sardine type fish and a spoonful of cooked vegetables . A small carafe of table red wine was included. Disappointing and not worth the money and left us both hungry.. It felt as if they did not care what was given to tourists. Food off the a la carte menu may be better if your lucky but going by the standard of our food I would not recommend you risk it . We dined in Villa Maggiore- 500m down the road on the lake front- a family house that does evening meals -we had a 4 course delicious home cooked meal with wine for 13 euros . Fabulous .Go there not here !