“What a place!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Recommended by a friend and what a place...

The drive up can be 'fun' but well worth it, every time i go to Garda i will be visiting this restaurant!

I am not sure if a taxi is best (or if you would get one back!) but someone not drinking would be ideal!

The reason for the above is that this is a beautiful place!

Personally i would go (again) at lunch time (1pm) and relax and enjoy for a few hours.

We arrived about 2pm and whilst busy it was ok, we sat inside (open plan) as the tables in the shade were taken and it was hot.

Our waitress was excellent and she chose the wine for us (white) which was very nice.

I had an excellent pasta with truffles to start and my father in law had a cream pasta dish.

Both were incredible i nearly cancelled my main and had the starter again!

Pasta was cooked perfect, taste was amazing and i couldnt have wanted for more, this starter was better than dishes i've paid a lot more for in central london.

We both had the salmon for a main and again perfectly cooked, not too much and amazing sides.

Too full we both had a coffee at the end and the price was nothing short of crazy - in a good way!

i have never had food priced so reasonably (including the wine) that was such good quality!

We should have paid £200 - £300 including the wine when i think the bill for two came to £75 (including a bottle of wine!!)

This place is incredible you have to go!

i will be back every time!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Had an Outstanding lunch with my family. Excellent food. Excellent service. A highly recommendable restaurant!!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

An amazing food, atmospheric, service and impression experience for both of our families. Superb food for 10 stars! Lovely informal atmosphere in the garden between city - church - soccer field. Eminent service and good servants. Class impressions all around. Try it !!

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Good food, nice place, friendly stuff, prices not much expensive, and we like a lot this restaurant . Unfortunately I haven’t got any pics of this place, but it was really nice .

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This place looks lovely, with atmospheric outdoor light and apparent chilled out feeling, and it also had good reviews on tripadvisor, so we gave it ago. However everything after this was disappointing.

When we arrived, we were left standing waiting to be seated for several minutes despite one waitress having clearly seen us, she didn't even acknowledge us, despite her not looking particularly busy. It was only when another group of people came in and stood behind us, did one of the other waiting staff see us and come sit us down.

Anyway, we ordered food. I ordered the selection of bruschetta for starters and was disappointed. There was no effort put into them at all, just dry bits of bread (no garlic or oil or anything) with different toppings, like plain chopped up tomatoes, olives, cheese, meat. I could have done better myself.

And then my main course arrived, a mushroom tagliatelle dish. The tagliatelle didn't seem too bad, and don't get me wrong, I love mushrooms, but it was swamped in them, and they were also not very well cooked with some of them slightly crunchy in the middle. I literally had to leave half of them because they were simply not enjoyable to eat.

I had always thought of Italy as a culinary sensational place, but to be honest, we didn't have any amazing dishes throughout our entire week at Lake Garda. Maybe its just too touristy?

3  Thank kaonyx