“Lovely Restaurant.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I are staying at Lefay Spa and Resort and we asked the concierge to recommend a local restaurant. We are so pleased to have spent an evening here, the service was excellent, time taken to explain each dish was appreciated, all local produce. Food was excellent, can recommend the fish sample starter, my wife had Baked Seabass with vegetables and I had Beef Fillet, the sauce with pear and apple was delicious. Tiramisu' and Limoncelo. Location was great, right on the waters edge.

2  Thank Simon L

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Delicious food, friendly staff, lakeside location
Delicious clam and mussel soup to start followed by perfect fillet steak
Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 May 2015

My fiancee and spent a week staying at the Lefay Resort in the hills above Gargnano, and whilst thoroughly enjoying the service and quality of the catering at the hotel decided on a couple of occasions to venture down the mountain to eat in the town.

On Sunday evening we found Al Miralago, a small family owned restaurant on the shore of Lake Garda. The place was quiet as we entered, but quickly starting filling up. The inside section of the restaurant is quite small, but they also have a covered terrace in front that sits right next to the harbourside. As it was quite chilly outside we chose to sit inside and were warmly welcomed by Carlo who owns the restaurant along with his wife (she's the one that works hard in the kitchen! ;-)).

We had a lovely meal, with my better half opting for a beetroot / pastry starter and pasta al pomodoro main course followed by a fantastic white chocolate cheesecake and me opting for a gnocchi in 4-cheese sauce starter, a fillet steak with wild mushroom sauce, and a tiramisu to finish. Along with a couple of glasses of a good local wine, plus a bottle of spring water the whole meal only totalled around EUR50! Great food and great service. If we get the chance to go back to stay at Lefay, we'll certainly be eating at Al Miralago again. :-)

1  Thank ParkingEyeBandits
Reviewed 1 May 2015

Situated on the lungo largo along lake garda this family-run restaurant has been there for many years serving superbly cooked - by Mama, great pasta, grilled lake fish and great steaks, well-priced.

Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

Eat here on two occasions recently and throughly enjoy both visits. My wife and i both had pasta on our first visit which was excellent, hot and well presented and the second evening steak again hot and well presented but medium rare as requested, more medium. Both visits we had desert and again excellent. Only done side was slow service even though only about a dozen people eating. Was April! Fantastic views across lake. I imagine in high season to be very busy and be prepared for a long wait!!