“Stunning views x Fresh fish”
Review of La Rosa dei Venti

La Rosa dei Venti
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Palmi
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after reading TA reviews and it well lived up to expectations. Sunset view was absolutely stunning! Panoramic views of the Calabrian coast at its best.

We were taken by the freshness of the fish, which the waitress brought out on a big silver tray to allow us to choose - it had no stench at all even to my partner who is a non-fish eater and is normally sensitive to it. He even tried some of my beautifully grilled fish and liked it!

The hostess was very kind in translating the menu to English for us, and the service is warm and unpretentious in this family-run restaurant.

Would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This is a wonderful family-run fish restaurant. It is very rare that I return to a restaurant when there are others available, but I ate here four times during my stay in Palmi. Twice with a group of friends for lunch and twice with my husband for dinner. The fish is absolutely fresh and cooked simply so it's full of flavour, the pastas are delicious, the fries some of the tastiest I've had, and the desserts rich and sublime. My husband said the house wine he had there was the best during his Calabrian visit. The hostess, Bozena, is charming and incredibly knowledgeable on the food she serves and the service is attentive and friendly.

In addition to fantastic food, there is a panoramic and spectacular view to enjoy during the meal.

This restaurant is rated No. 1 in Palmi and certainly deserves the accolade. It should be a must visit for anyone travelling through Palmi. I certainly intend to return when I visit Calabria again.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Italian food is all good, but sometimes there are places that astound. La Rosa dei Venti uses the freshest fish and seafood and does very little to it, as when the ingredients are superlative, minimal intervention is required. Do let yourself be advised by the competent staff and hostess: they know what has come in that day.
The view is poetry: immersed in the Mediterranean bush and looking out on the Tyrrhenian Sea, you can see the Aeolian Islands with Stomboli's volcano, maybe even the Aetna on a very clear, sunny day.
Let all your senses be delighted by this joy of a restaurant.
A suggestion: do avoid peak summer season. You will be had, anywhere in Italy.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

Amazing location, tasty food and nice people. We found that restaurant on the road and we got really surprised of the stunning landscape. So we decided to stop and eat something. Fresh fish brought to the table, all the detailes explained by the chef. We found that main courses were delicious, our "spaghetti vongole"
Good prices and perfect quality.
Greets from Poland! We'll surely come back.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Seafood specialties with the freshest ingredients and a wonderful hostess. She even read out a poem by Ripaci on Calabria for us as we sipped our coffee. Breathtaking views of the wild Calabrian coast, with Sicily and the Aeolian islands misty in the distance. Magic atmosphere.

1  Thank Alessandra G