All reviews rotisserie chicken family room evening meal lovely meal main building play area north wales the pub bank holiday following morning room was spotless one night stay enjoyable stay a lovely stay cooked breakfast member of staff yogurt
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is a Marstons Inn, it is in a very good location just off the A55 very easy to access, plenty of free parking. Excellent spacious room, very secure . Great food , great selection of drinks ,really pleased with our stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mason198517
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We all got together for my wife's birthday (six of us 3 rooms) had a wonderful greeting from Cleo when we arrived to check in everything we needed to know was explained to us, myself and my wife have been for meals here on many occasions, this is the first time staying at the hotel we were all in the lodge, very nice indeed, the bed was wonderful everything was spotless lovely size room! Tea, coffee, biscuits and water in the room, had an evening meal and also breakfast the following morning all very good, all of the staff there are very very nice! Highly recommended

Room tip: In the lodge
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a tea time meal with my family of 4 as we live locally and had not been before.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming and served us very well throughout.
However, the menu design/layout was far too chaotic with large graphics, which drew my attention here, there and everywhere and led me to initially miss many of the options.
My 11 year old son was very disappointed with the food on offer and did not enjoy the ribs he eventually chose. In contrast however, my 13 year old son thoroughly enjoyed his choice of steak and scampi.
The food, while perfectly adequate, felt like it was prepared on a ‘pile them high, sell them cheap’ basis, but the prices did not reflect that.
We will not be returning any time soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Frank G, Manager at Talardy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that whilst you found the food to be "perfectly adequate" and the staff to be welcoming,very friendly and good at service that you were disappointed with your visit. I will gladly pass your comments on to our marketing department regarding the large graphics etc. Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely comfortable room with a nice view. Friendly welcoming staff providing great service and beautiful pub serving tasty food. Breakfast was excellent. Freshly cooked hot items and good continental selection. Really nice outside seating. Would certainly recommend and would stay again. Very convenient location. Had a great night's sleep and rooms were spotless.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I stayed 3 nights this week. Great welcome from Rob on check-in and very informative. I stayed in one of the rooms in the lodge, separate from the main pub/hotel building. Room was immaculate and had everything I needed. Dined in the restaurant each evening as the food was great and the menu extensive and varied. All the staff are friendly and helpful without exception. Nowhere else I'll be staying in St. Asaph.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
Frank G, Manager at Talardy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Wow thank you for your such a complimentary review - it means a lot to myself and the team who always endeavour to provide excellent service and standards to our guests. I shall share your fabulous feedback with Rob and the team and we hope you will come and stay with us again when an opportunity arises.