“Best diving school 👌🏼”

Neptune Diving Adventure Moalboal & Santander
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The First and Leading PADI 5 star IDC Center in Cebu! For over 20 years we have trained and guided thousands of scuba divers in Moalboal and in Santander, Cebu, Philippines: here you will find plenty of information on scuba diving, PADI Dive Courses, PADI Nitrox, dive safaris that will bring you from Moalboal and Santander in Cebu to Bohol Is, Negros Is or Siquijor Is. Accommodation, beach resorts, hotels and restaurants in Cebu City, Moalboal and Santander. Additionally you will find useful information on PADI Leadership Education and Tropical Marine Biology Courses, Shark and Whalewatch in the Philippines. Dive in Moalboal, PADI Moalboal,
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Just did my padi there and loved it so much! They took pretty good care of me and I felt very comfortable all the time. Thank you so much :) Was fun diving with you!!

All reviews
"clams"
in 4 reviews
"nice dive"

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Neptune was recommended to us by one of the other diving centres that we intended to go with but didn’t have any spaces left. The guy there was very helpful and told us that this was one of the only other highly thought of centres in panagsama and that we would for sure be looked after. To be completely honest we were a disappointed with things, maybe this was because our expectations were high to start with, but we didn’t feel that we were looked after at all. Firstly, on the day we popped into book onto the boat dive for the following day the Filipino lady behind the desk took 30 seconds or more to even acknowledge the fact that we were standing at the desk.(There was nobody else in the centre at the time so she was not busy). When she could finally be bothered to look at us she wasn’t particularly friendly or helpful. We asked a few questions and got short or even one worded answers. Anyway we can get over a rude receptionist so booked on anyway, not letting this paint a picture of the diving school. When we arrived the next day nobody at all greeted us and introduced themselves, or even briefed us on what was going to happen. As we had literally completed our open water a few weeks before and not dived since we were very nervous so this made things less enjoyable. We were given kit that the receptionist from the day before assumed would fit us and told to try it all on. At this point still none of who we assumed were instructors had said anything to us. We sat very awkwardly on our own untill told to walk down to the boat. When we got on board still none of the four instructors/guides spoke or told us their names, or asked what level divers any of us were. When we arrived at Pescador Island finally one of them said that we would split into two groups of 4 with an instructor each. That was all the information we got before we entered the water. I was very rusty and had forgotten some basics from the open water course and when I got in the water my regulator starting shooting air manically. The instructor seemed furious and just rushed over and told me not to put it under water upside down in a rude way. The dive was quite good and things ran smoothly. However when we got out of the water the instructor told me that I had had too much weight on. I asked then how much he would maybe recommend for next time and he said ‘just not 4’. I literally couldn’t believe how unhelpful and rude someone could be! To be perfectly honest I felt that all of the staff were extremely unfriendly and rude the whole time. There was a poor vibe and can’t be bothered attitude. This is actually the first negative review I’ve written on trip advisor. Normally we just write positive feedback but we felt that this was a real disappointment. The only thing I can think was that the guy who recommended Neptune had said that their boss was away at the time and that from his experience business in the Philippines can sometimes not run smoothly when this happens. Perhaps if the boss/owner had been there it would have been a totally different experience

3  Thank graceolivia1
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We spent a fantastic two days diving with Neptune. We booked a six-dive package for 7200 pesos each. The centre does three dives every day (9am, 11:30am and 3pm) at different sites around the Moalboal area.

We did dives at Tongo Sanctuary, Talisay and Pescador Island as well as the famous sardine run. We saw an excellent diversity of marine life on all of the dives. On our second dive at Tongo Sanctuary, we saw four turtles. Other sealife we saw included banded sea kraits (snakes), electric clams, giant frogfish, puffer fish, scorpion fish, lionfish, octopuses, mantis shrimps, crocodile fish and lots more!

The sardine run is an absolute must at Moalboal. You swim among and underneath literally thousands of sardines in a giant school. It’s good to see them by snorkelling, but there’s nothing like getting underneath them on a dive, especially in sunshine.

The staff at Neptune were extremely professional and helpful. They made our experience a very enjoyable one, especially Jonny, who was very patient with me when I had problems with my ears. He was also very good with finding and pointing out the interesting sealife. The equipment provided was very good too.

This was the first time we had been diving after completing our Open Water certification in Bali a week earlier. Any nerves we had about our first proper fun dives were quickly settled thanks to the quality of the team at Neptune.

All in all, an excellent experience at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank storyeveryday
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I came to Neptune as a rescue diver looking to do my Divemaster certification. Before signing up, I spent a little bit of time at the shop to get a feel of the place. I was immediately very impressed by what I witnessed and quickly signed up for the Divemaster course. The instructors there Johan, Peter & Irish were extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Peter was particularly knowledgeable on the marine side of diving.

During the course I was able to dive as much as I wanted and I took advantage of this by doing 3 dives on most days. I followed on courses with Johan, Peter and Irish which was ideal as all 3 instructors had different methods to teach a particular skill. Some methods were more appropriate for different types of divers. The shop hires a number of local guides and staff which was great, as the local guides know the reefs like the back of their hands and were helpful enough to show me where the special critters live and where to find macro.

I also spent time learning the non-diving aspects of the shop, including the front desk, set up of a dive shop and the compressor side. I completed my course over 4 weeks and could not have been any happier with my entire experience. Overall, the shop has a family feel about the place and is very welcoming, they always go out of their way to assist in anyway they can.

It is very apparent why this place is a 5-star accredited center and I could not recommend this place enough for both courses and fun dives.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

First of all, I never write any review about companies. But this time, it is like an obligation. An obligation to prevent each others about this really bad company. I got initially two dives with Neptune. During the first one :
- we did not get any briefing about the dive and THE PLACE (never been here)
- we have not done any buddy check
- we did not know who was our buddy before going onboard

But the most important part is the following one : after diving the gentle manager told me that I did not follow instructions of the local guide (I was not aware of there was a local guide with us, never heard his voice) plus we did not get any instructions... a big joke. Afterwards they decided to cancel my second dive. I wanted to speak with the “local guide” but the manager did not take me to him.. visibly he was eating lol... how can you solve a problem when your interlocutor has bad faith... but worst of all, when I told the manager that we have not done any buddy check he answered me “it is up to you” loool who are you mate? Where are you from? Did you get any diving certifications?! Good to stay behind a computer but you should dive sometimes and be more respectful and open-minded. Change your job. That is unacceptable to see how much they are not skilled and unsafe... that is my first time I see that kind of organization. 0. Zero ! I don’t recommend that place at all.

2  Thank PimsLaco
Blixtens, General Manager at Neptune Diving Adventure Moalboal & Santander, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Thank you for diving with us.

We decided to cancel your dive since you were a danger to yourself and others. You were playing with your camera during the briefing, which is why you were unable to hear the instructions. During the dive went too deep and when you were asked about this, your response was "he only told me 5-6 times." You completely disregarded the safety of yourself and others by not focusing on what you were being asked to do.

Buddy checks are always done. Didn't you check your own equipment before the dive? Before we brought it onto the boat and when you put on the equipment? You told me you were an experienced diver, It was clearly not that apparent. Do us all a favour and throw that camera away so you can start listening to what is being told around you and stay focus on the task at hand. If you don't I'm afraid you will end up somewhere else with your extremely reckless diving.

After approaching you in a professional manner to ask you to follow our guides instructions, your response was negative and aggressive rather than appreciative, hence this review. Diving safety is our number one priority and if that requires use to turn away reckless divers then we will sleep and dive better at night.

Sincerely all of us.