We had a lovely stay at Lucia Apartment, it is a very nicely decorated holiday rental in a really peaceful village overlooking a beautiful bay. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms excellent (especially the rainfall shower in the en-suite) and there was a comfy indoor sitting area as well as an excellent terrace. The kitchen was well appointed with ceramic hob, toaster, kettle, microwave and (a first for me in a holiday rental) sharp knives that you could actually cook with! What it does not have is an oven. Maybe most people don't cook much when they come here, but I made three evening meals and a proper oven would have made life a lot easier.
So that is the good stuff. On the down side the door handles were a constant irritation, they are not fixed correctly and make closing the doors tricky - I cannot count the times one of us was sitting on the loo only to have the door creak open - and one handle actually came off in my hand.
Finally, some useful information if you are renting this place:
1) You definitely need a car.
2) There is no direct access to the apartment with a car, you have to park above and take some fairly steep steps (about 200 metres) down to the place.
3) There is no shop in Prožurska Luka. The nearest supermarket is in Sobra, about 5 minutes' drive away. I would not recommend trying to walk it.
4) The owner speaks no English. It's not generally a problem, she has friends who come along as translators, but bear in mind that things might not get done immediately.
5) This is about 40 minutes to an hour's drive from the National Park.
6) There are two restaurants in Prožurska Luka but a lot of flotillas come to moor in the bay at night so it can be worth while booking a table.
7) There is a lovely walk around the headland to Okuklje which takes about 45 minutes at a good pace. Take the dirt track from the car park and stay on the high road.
We had a wonderfull time at Lucia appartment. Entirely rewened and fully equiped, the appartment was proposed entirely cleaned and decorated. The view from the terrasse is simply gorgeous, probably one of the best view in Prozurska Luka. Highly recommended
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Families with young children|