3,584 results
All reviews burger bar the oriental restaurant main restaurant pool bar close to the airport animation team plane spotting refurbished room evening entertainment plenty of sunbeds great holiday reception staff planes coming plenty of choice kids club airport runway big hotel
Reviewed 3 December 2015

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Hotel Beatriz Playa and Spa at Matagorda in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. There was plenty of choice at each buffet meal in pleasant surroundings in the main restaurant. Our room was excellent and the cleaning ladies were very jolly and helpful and left our accommodation in pristine condition every day. All the staff in the bars, restaurants and entertainment were happy and ready to help. There was a very friendly atmosphere and it was obvious that the staff enjoyed their work and each other’s company. We met Eric Dufosset, the Public Relations Manager, and were able to thank him and the Hotel for making our stay so special for my husband’s birthday.

The location was ideal with a gate from the Hotel onto the new walkway. It was lovely to stroll along towards Matagorda with some shops, bars and restaurants. We even hired a 4 wheeled bicycle with both of us pedalling and that was great fun. In the opposite direction towards the airport the walkway was a delight, seeing sometimes planes approaching to land and with seats along the walkway just to sit and gaze out to sea.

This is the first time we have stayed at the Hotel Beatriz and would certainly return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DireccHBeatrizPlaya, Gerente at Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of tripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay and liked the hotel, the food and our friendly staff. Thanks for mentioning the cleanliness of the rooms. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again as our guests.

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Great hotel, great food, great staff!!

Spent a week at this hotel with my sons, bothers and parents. Really lovely hotel. On the beach, two lovely pools, great restaurant loads of choice.... Rooms are good, possibly in need of a small amount of attention, this did not detract from my overall enjoyment, the shower was amazing which is one of my biggest 'must haves'

Everyone was great, special thanks to all in the main restaurant, housekeeping, reception and the kids entertainers my boys, myself and whole family had a great time!!

Thank you!!

Reviewed 27 November 2015

Been to Lanzarote 13 times and Always stayed in the San Antonia and decided this time would try this hotel for a change - Was I sorry.
Room needed to be changed as there was a huge gap between door and frame and travelling with small child - not safe, took a day and 1/2 to get this sorted.
Reception queues are a joke and staff rude.
Miles from main shopping area with cafes and bars - need taxi each time
Flying at 7.00am and were not allowed to get a coffee before we left.
No kids menu in the restaurant unless you child can survive on chips !!
Took coffee out of restaurant and thought I was being arrested with an ignorant man running after me shouting.
Corridors give the feel of a hospital wing.
Spa was fantastic and the staff there friendly
Oh and despite the pictures showing a beautiful indoor pool - its part of the spa and can not be used by anyone under 14 so dont be fooled into thinking you can.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank margaret k

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your requirements. The hotel is in a quiet area of Puerto del Carmen but there are a few nice bars and restaurants around, you will find some shopping opportunities as well. I am surprised to hear that you were not happy with some of our staff but we will try to rectify this point, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Please ignore the moaners and wingers. Perfect it's not but not worthy of the scathing reports I've read. Common sense needs to prevail. Because of the unfortunate comments of some we really were put off coming to this hotel. Happily we were pleasantly surprised.
We booked fairly late through holiday hypermarket and via Thomas Cook had 2 very pleasant weeks AI for less than £1200. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks and found the room clean of a very good standard and twin beds which were the most comfortable we've had for a long time. TV was ancient and English programs rubbish (2 news and a kids channel). Food was canteen standard but adequate and if you didn't like the way it was cooked just ask and ye shall receive. I had a perfectly cooked entrecôte steak without asking for it rare. Entertainment was better than average for these days. so good all round. Aircraft noise is obvious but not intrusive, you are within sight of the runway from some rooms. The sparrows have a field day at meal times especially at breakfast (10 am onwards as it's quieter) so avoid the croissants the sparrows jump all over them etc. and peck them extensively. 4 star on the cheap? yes we'll be back!

Room tip: Thomas Cook guests have Free tea and coffee
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Russell D

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am really glad that you had a very good holiday in our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our very good value for money. I am sure that your review provides a lot of important information for other travellers. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again as our guests.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

The Beatrix playa hotel looks amazing from the outside, it's a tad bit dated in the rooms, but they have everything you need so I'm not fussy.
There was a great choice at breakfast, and there was always loungers by the pool.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were also cleaned daily.
All in all I can't say anything negative about this hotel and I will be back again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lucyamoss90

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay and that you liked the food, the clean rooms and our very friendly staff. We would be very pleased to welcome you again as our guests.