1,058 results
All reviews cardiac hill old town these apartments main pool pool bar the main strip bedroom apartment great holiday plenty of sunbeds pools are lovely bars and restaurants self catering bit dated turn right large pool twin beds great apartments
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights in April for a cheap week of Easter sun. We weren’t expecting the world because the price was for basic accommodation, we did expect basic cleanliness and service which was wishful thinking. The location is great, close to the beach which is very nice and near all the bars and restaurants. The hill didn’t bother either of us at all, unless you have mobility issues I don’t see what all the fuss is about. The pool and communal areas (including the pool bar, pool toilets and showers) were ideal. The pool was really cold but it was clean, large and deep so that can be easily forgiven. The loungers were broken for the most part and there were next to no umbrellas but that’s a minor irritation. The pool bar served tasty well priced food. That’s where the positives end. The apartments were vile. There were other people’s hairs all over the floors, the cleaner must literally have been using one mop and one bucket of water to clean all the apartments. The veneers on the kitchen cupboards were peeling badly and there was a foul build up of gunk that made me feel ill every time I looked at it. My husbands single bed was completely broken at the bottom where a slat had snapped and had been sellotaped back together meaning it constantly collapsed. The kitchen and bedroom bulbs had blown. There were disgusting cigarette burns in the bedding which was the cheapest most worn and disgusting I’ve come across. The couch was horrendously uncomfortable, outdone only by the bed. Bring your tablet because you’ll be charged per day to watch the tiny 1980s TV. The staff are rude and disinterested, they dismissed us when we asked to be moved on the first night and basically blamed us when we complained again later for not listing out every issue. They clearly didn’t want to listen or deal with it and should not be in customer service, it’s for the service provider to maintain basic standards and suggesting they didn’t know about some of the stuff was just disingenuous and insulting (they’d sellotaped the bed!). It’s a shame because they apartments could be great basic accommodation - good sized rooms, big balcony and good water pressure - but they are unhygienic, depressing and uncomfortable. There is absolutely no way id go back there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ljcdoc
Reviewed 20 April 2018

My wife and I returned recently from another 10 night stay here. We had an upper floor with lovely views of the pool, sea and Fuerteventura. The site is close to town, the beach and supermarkets. We love it. In fact we have already booked again for next year.

A special thank you to Jenny for always helping us get the room we love - 226

Only one small downside that is not a serious concern but the apartment could benefit from a lick of paint.

Room Tip: Get a sea view. It's great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peanutandhooverlady
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

This apartment block is in a perfect location it is a little dated but done for us the entertainment isnt great but we went out most evenings the hill down to the town is a killer didn't attempt coming back up but a cab was only €3 would recommend it to people.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 17 April 2018

For the price you pay, you get a fair deal. The pool area etc are exactly as per the photos on here; loads of beds albeit some of them are filthy and a nice atmosphere. The pool bar is more like a cafeteria, not somewhere you would hang around, but they do really cheap food and drink (2 euro for a huge helping of chips, 5 euro for a decent sized pepperoni pizza). The Happy Hours only apply to pints of beer, no other drinks are covered.

They have self-service coin washing machines etc by the pool along with a luggage room, 2 shower rooms and toilets. All in excellent condition.

The rooms are, as previously described, dated, old and musty smelling. Nothing that you cant live with for a week though. The upside is that our apartment was spacious and bright (252).

We got a raw deal with the cleaning staff though. While we had 2 towel changes over 7 nights, 1 sheet change and 2 bare minimum floor sweeps (not an apartment clean), the issue is that one morning we were woken at 9.30am by the cleaner who INSISTED we get out of bed so that she could change the sheets! I speak fluent Spanish, so asked could she either come back later or else leave the sheets there and I would do it myself. She just kept saying no, and literally tried to push past me into the room where my partner was asleep!! Eventually, to get rid of her, I had to allow her onto the balcony (she had a thing about moving our table and chairs up against the wall, very annoying) and into the bathroom where she didnt remove the old towels, but left some clean ones. Its was genuinely the most bizarre encounter....I tried to tell reception later but as per previous reviews, they genuinely dont care. The Spaniard on the desk actually acts like he has some personality disorder, he is a strange, detached man. The other 2 staff we met were Dutch maybe (?) and while detached, not as rude or surly.

In any case, the complex is fine for what you pay. I found it a little grubby and dated, but you dont really spend that much time in it, and I didnt get any bites or come away itching, which has happened in other similar complexes. The other annoying element was that you pay for the tv remote, I think its by the day (!), the safe is a 5 euro deposit plus 2 euro a day thereafter which is farcical, and wifi was really expensive, something like 6-10 euro a day per person for the bare minimum (We didnt need it so I cant be 100% on the price).

Despite all of the above, I would recommend for a cheap week in the sun. It's extremely central within the new town. Just be really mindful of cardiac hill: the reviews are NOT dramatic: we are in our 20s and found it tough going some days. Its very, very steep.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aisling B
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Just arrived back from 10nights at Atlantis Las Lomas..... We nearly passed out with the stench in the first apartment we were given, the dampness was horrendous, before I go any further I am very aware that Lanzarote has had a particularly wet winter and lots of apartments over the island have been damaged but in that case these apartments should be blocked off until they are fixed ... there was no way I could or anyone else should have to stay in an apartment like this! I contacted reception straight away and fortunately they were able to move us to a different apartment which was fine. If not it would’ve ruined our holiday. Tv socket hanging off the wall so we never used it. Apart from that it was fine, you get what you pay for. Cleaners were in every day to empty bins and mop floors, think they changed towels every second day. Pool bar has a great selection of food and drinks, we used it it a lot. Staff were a bit grumpy on our first couple of days but seemed to get better as they got more used to seeing us....one of the girls was very nice, never caught her name as we only saw her once or twice but she was very good with my son as they watched the Barcelona game. Reception staff on arrival were ok but never gave us any additional information such as safe, tv remote or even about the laundry area which we found a week later! The lady Marta on reception at check out was very nice and smiling. Its a lovely looking complex, very clean and tidy pool area and great location for the avenida.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family