“Long Winter Break”

Review of Lago Verde

Infinity Swimming Pool
Swimming pool side view Pool at dusk
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Swimming pool side view
Pool at dusk
Pool at Night Changes colour
Pool at night colour change
Pool at night changes colour
View from terrace
view of Fuerteventura on a clear day from the terrace
view from terrace showing local supermarket, red sign!
view from terrace
bedroom 1
bedroom 2
Front of property
pool bar
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

286namast...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Long Winter Break”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We stayed at Lago Verde A5 from 6th February until 20th March for the first time to celebrate my husband's retirement. Reading the previous reviews before booking I was expecting a nice apartment and sea views but my wordy when arriving and looking through the patio doors out across the sea and mountains it took our breath away!! The apartment felt homely and this was important to me as being away from my home for the longest time ever. It had everything you needed and more. We absolutely loved having breakfast on the terrace every day and we were the only ones for the majority of the time, even the mornings when a little cool we just put a top on. Why would anyone want to eat inside when you have those beautiful views!! The harbour is beautiful. I spent 5 mornings each week jogging round the harbour and doing my yoga practice, it inspired me and lovely and quiet. The cliff walk is fabulous, we walked on it to Playa Calero and further to Playa Quemada which is delightful. Lovely restaurants, especially Chalana just down from the apartment on a Saturday night with two Spanish men playing guitars and singing, very authentic. Lunch at P!aya Chica beach restaurant, yum, and the beach was our favourite. The pool on the complex was great and a good size, some I have been to, look a good size in the photo's and in reality it's the size of a bath!! Tony and Louise who run the pool shack are really warm and friendly. The local buses are fantastic, cheap and very regular and from the Airport only costs 1 euro 40 per person. We walked from Puerto to Arrecife and back all along the coastal promenade and watched the planes take off and land and so close, fab for photos and boy were we pooped at the end. The festival in February was fun, so too celebrating St.Patrick's Day at the Harbour square. I know I have said a lot but I was there for 6 weeks. Gemma answered any questions efficiently and quickly and we love it so much we are going back next year. Thank you Gemma and Jamie, just one complaint.....we had to leave!!! Sally and Steve

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
29 Mar 2015
I'm so pleased you had a lovely time, sounds like you found a few extra places I'll have to check out. Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again next year!! Gemma & Jamie
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Liked best: The apartment's location
Liked least: New floor laying noise from apartment below
2 Feb 2015
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you had a lovely holiday again. Of the issues you raised, I feel I ought to pass some comment. The TV problem that you mention was addressed within 24 hours of you informing us about it; likewise the electrical appliance fault that occurred was that of a broken kettle which we clearly have no control over. You very kindly bought a replacement kettle for which we reimbursed you promptly and in excess of its cost. The apartment is advertised as not having Wi-Fi, however it is available on the complex. We hope to see you again in the near future.
SteveEngl...
Guernsey
“Another fantastic holiday in Lago Verde A5”
Reviewed 2 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

This is the second time we have stayed in A5 and have already re-booked for 2015. This has to be one of the best apartments and complexes in PDC and we would strongly recommend it. The booking process is easy and Gemma provides excellent pre-holiday advice. We find the restaurants in the area are really good especially La Bamba across the road and La Chalana which is 5 minutes walk down the hill. With good bars near the harbour and taxis costing less than 3 euros at the end of an evening..... who cares about the hill?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and location
Liked least: Having to leave
3 Dec 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, so glad you enjoy A5 and look forward to welcoming you back in 2015!!
David S
Bradford, United Kingdom
“What a find.......”
Reviewed 19 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I picked this apartment for our wedding anniversary in mid October. It was the first listing that came up when I searched for Puerto del Carmen old town and there was only one week available in October, so it was obviously meant to be. As always, photos can deceive, however, walking into the apartment was a lovely experience. Looking down the entrance hall through to the lounge you can see the balcony doors framing the beautiful blue sea beyond. The accommodation is more than adequate as is the level of crockery, glasses, kitchen equipment etc. Externally, the balcony gives brilliant views, along with morning till evening sun. We were only booked for a week but we wished it was for a whole lot longer. My other half didn't want to leave. Location and amenities are also great so no need for a car if not wanting to go sight seeing. Can't wait to return.

Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Your age range 65+
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Nov 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary at Lago Verde. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future!!!
Gemma & Jamie
Pinkjanet
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic apartment and pool - shame about the building site next door”
Reviewed 15 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We loved this apartment. It was large and airy with a fantastic terrace which was a sun trap, even in November. The pool is larger than you normally get on complexes like this. We also liked the pool bar and enjoyed a very pleasant Saturday in there watching the football and rugby.
Location was fine - albeit very hilly, so wouldn't recommend for people that struggle with walking up hills and there was a fair bit of traffic around - but didn't bother us.
Booking process with the owner was very good and she provided us with a lot of information.
Only reason I wouldn't return to this apartment at the moment is there is a building site right next door to Lago Verde and there was banging and drilling going on from 8am to 6pm every day apart from the weekend.

Liked best: Terrace
Liked least: No Internet access in the apartment
Your age range 35-49
19 Nov 2014
Thank you for your review, I’m glad you liked the apartment. However, I feel that your comments regarding the building work noise is unfair and exaggerated. I’m aware of the ‘works’ to which you refer – they do not neighbour the complex, being some 400 metres away. I was in the apartment for 4 weeks during the Summer and again for a week in October and heard nothing from the building works. Since your review, I have contacted the owners of the pool bar to see if the situation has changed since the Summer and they have confirmed it has not and that no noise could be heard from the works. I have also contacted our current guests and they too have confirmed that they have heard nothing and that everything was, in fact, ‘perfect’! I'm led to believe these building works are due to be completed by February 2015 in any case.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$97
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing