Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
A paragon of excellence

We attended a Wednesday concert and were carried away with the breadth of their repertoire,their... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Felix O
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Oh Wow what a show!

Took in a performance at the school in the Drakensburg...had an International audience from all... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
PaddyPensioner
Edenvale
via mobile

All reviews wednesday afternoon world class second half scones wonderful afternoon classical music wonderful performance professional performance blown away non stop african theme world renowned should book hard work a real treat an absolute beautiful surroundings
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We loved the show. These boys are brilliant at such a young age, bright futures ahead. Apart from just the singing, the theatrics in the show took it to another level. Even my 2 year old kid was loving it.

DBCS_Choir, Marketing_Team at Drakensberg Boys Choir, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

We are happy to hear that our boys appeal to both young and old. Thank you for this 5-star review.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Spent a lovely afternoon at the school listening to the well established choir do what they do so well. A lovely show and much appreciated by the audience. My only suggestion, is that I prefer some well known songs to be included, as well as the choir master's own compositions. Lots of African themed songs which I know are appreciated by the foreign visitors. Well done to the boys and the hard working staff. You impressed us! Thank you!

DBCS_Choir, Marketing Team at Drakensberg Boys Choir, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We did not have a concert on 11 March (that was a Sunday)... :-)

It is quite paradoxical to ask for well-known songs as well as the conductor's own compositions, but we do catch your drift.

We're not sure which concert you attended, but the choir's repertoire for the last 3 concerts included well-known music by Mozart, Hugh Masekela, the theme songs from Gladiator and The Greatest Showman, and some lesser known works by well-known composers like Leonard Bernstein and Ola Gjeilo. The Folklore set contained a well-known xhosa hymn (Ndikhokhele Bawo) and Shosholoza.

Please send some suggestions about the songs you would like to hear. We will happily pass them on to the Music Department.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My family and I attended the 21st March concert and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did not know what to expect before we arrived, but when we left we were talking about it for hours.
The whole production was so well put together from lighting to how the music was arranged.
It's high energy with the boys singing , moving around the stage and playing instruments.
The soloists were confident and sang with feeling - well done boys.
The class of 2018 sang beautifully . We met a few of the boys and they are a credit to the school. Extremely polite and well mannered.
Dress code casual.
There is a shop for drinks and snacks.We arrived at the school at 2,45 pm.

1  Thank Mrs-TravellerAS
DBCS_Choir, Marketing Team at Drakensberg Boys Choir, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing about our audience's impression of our boys and the concert.
Hope to see you again at another concert.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

A must see!! The boys are incredible and their singing moves you to tears. Tick this off on your bucket list!!

DBCS_Choir, Marketing Team at Drakensberg Boys Choir, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Short and to the point! Thank you for relaying your experience of our recent concert. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I only came because my friends wanted to come, if I'd missed this I would have been so cross with myself, they were amazing, I really enjoyed every minute. Even if you think you don't like choirs they are so entertaining and brilliant singer. A must see.

DBCS_Choir, Marketing Team at Drakensberg Boys Choir, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

We love converting people to the power and enjoyment of choral music. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback.