All reviews main building wedding venue wedding reception daughters wedding lovely hotel the cottages orangery restaurant good size bar menu lovely grounds sunday lunch would highly recommend this hotel full english cooked breakfast one night stay following morning town centre
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This hotel is a £5 taxi ride from the station and a 10 minute walk into the town centre. It is set in attractive grounds. It is also an attractive set of buildings. Reception was efficient. My room was £64 for the night, bed and breakfast.

The bedroom was large and well appointed, with a desk to work at, and a sofa to relax on. There was a large, flat screen TV. The room also had a safety chain on the door, a safe in the wardrobe and an iron with board. The bed was very comfortable with good quality sheets. The room was attractively decorated and spotlessly clean.

The towels were also good quality, as were the toiletries. The bathroom was a bit dated but the bath was a good size and the shower had good pressure. There was a heated towel rail, which was a nice bit of luxury.

The breakfast was cooked to order and was good.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Roland D
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great tastefully decorated spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Excellent food both in the evening and at breakfast with wide choice of foods. All dietary requirements are catered for. Very pleasant and helpful staff who can't do enough for you. Beautiful gardens. Wonderful!

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We stopped off on the way to meet up with a group holiday in Yorkshire. We had a most comfortable room and a pleasant stay, enhanced by the lovely gardens, especially the sunken one. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on my way back up North as it’s very handy for the A1, the Hotel is just out of town so no noise, a good sized car park with Barriers for added security, the staff on check in were very pleasant. My room was in one of the out buildings and a good size, sparkling clean and a very new modern bathroom (the shower was amazing), I walked into town to get some exercise as I sit on my behind all day, when I got back the room was very cold, I had turned the thermostat up on my way out but the radiator was cold, which I thought strange as the bathroom radiator was Hot, it was after 10.30 so I just plugged the oil filled radiator in and went to bed, it was the same in the morning... The breakfast was superb, good coffee and I had an omelette and fresh fruit (not on the same plate) .. The cold room was the only reason I didn’t give it a 5 as it really is a nice hotel, and I will go back...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Went with a group for a church conference which was hosted around the corner. The room and bathroom was spotless - super clean and hygienic. Even had a lovely little ambience lamp in the room! The food was absolutely superb - breakfasts you couldn’t ask for anything more and dinners were excellent quality home made British dishes to a very high standard. Ours included a full roast dinner one evening which was gorgeous. Only downside is that there’s no spa or gym facilities. I genuinely believe with these facilities this hotel would be a 4 or 5 star.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Andrew L, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you found the bathroom to be spotless, our housekeepers do a wonderful job. I shall pass your comments regarding the food to the kitchen team, I'm sure they will appreciate your comments. Unfortunately we don't offer a gym or spa, however our sister hotel, Hellaby Hall Hotel has a fantastic gym and pool; perhaps you can give it a try when you are next in the area.

regards, Andrew