2,332 results
All reviews sugar mill hibiscus suite seagrape terrace il giardino all inclusive plan west cottages fern tree spa meal plan private pool sea grape bedroom villa golf cart cedar bar horseback riding pepper pot villa staff hibiscus pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So this is late because I was there in July. Its still the best place for a vacation. The staff is extremely helpful and they are the reason I return. Lambert is the person I usually see each time. He is so helpful and pleasant. Lambert knows us by name and remembers things like what we each drink. Hes simply amazing.
Deneeva is the reservation agent who is also flawless. She made the whole experience outstanding and superb as it relates to booking and she even called to see if I like my room. Thats what I call a personal touch.
Then there was Mr. Dean, The man with the plan who gets us anywhere on the property. TO be fair, the entire team will get you anywhere on the property but I can only remember his name. Now I forgot the names to the cleaning crew but they are absolutely phenomenal. They genuinely seem to love their job and they can speak with you about your plans if you intend to go somewhere like reggae sumfest. If you ask them to come back, they do. There were at least two people. The part about the cleaning staff is that you won't necessarily see them. You have to try to see them....you just come back and find they were there and your space feels like an angel went through it......So that why I can't really remember their names but make no mistake they are great! and i like it that I just feel as though an angel went through the space. One reason I like this property is because it has that old world flare that I appreciate. The decor is reminiscent of James Bond (the thomas moore years) but with all the updates of 2018 and yet it doesn't feel old. Its elegant.
Now the spa. Me being me I called at the last minute to get a pedicure and a gel manicure. To be fair they did not have an open calendar but I got in. The manicurist was phenomenal. She was so delightful and very cheerful...She even called to have someone get me back to my cottage.
The part I love most about this resort is they treat me no different from other guests. I love this place...It is like a home (with a full staff) away from home. I can't wait to see them again. The front desk staff and the bar tenders were also amazing. Love them.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HalfMoonJamaica, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you sharing such lovely review on your Half Moon experience.

Half Moon, a stunning location combining old-world charm with modern touches has been attracting discerning travellers for more than 60 years. We are delighted you enjoyed our 400 aces of beautiful beaches, luxurious accommodations, exciting dining options and amenities.

Thank you for recognizing the team our ultimate goal is always to exceed our guests' expectations. We will share your compliments with the team particularly the names mentioned..

Again, thank you for choosing Half Moon and for your review. The team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The room was breathtaking…the grounds were immaculate…the food was divine…the staff was excellent! Not only were they efficient, but EVERY single member of staff that we encountered was warm and courteous.

Half Moon now tops our list of staycation resorts, because it really did feel like a home away from home.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
HalfMoonJamaica, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review; we are delighted you had an amazing experience with us.

Moon prides itself on being a resort that reflects the warmth and culture of Jamaica from our menu to our staff. Our ultimate goal is to create an experience of a lifetime for you our discerning guests.

It was certainly a pleasure serving you; the Half Moon team looks forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Shernertte Crichton

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

The sugar Mill Restaurant is the best restaurant in Jamaica great food great staff great service, please choose this restaurant especially if you are staying in the rose hall area. Thanks to Robert and his Half Moon team for this wonderful service will see be back there soon, respect

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled your recent experience at Sugar Mill Restaurant at Half Moon was memorable, thank you for sharing your lovely review.
Delighted you had a great dining experience, compliments to our talented team of acclaimed chefs serving up simply unforgettable dishes at the renowned Sugar Mill Restaurant. This award-winning fine dining restaurant is known for its unique twist on Jamaican cuisine.

We will be pleased to share your lovely comment with Robert and the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Director, Resort Operations

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We were so well taken care of by staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The food was incredible as was the service. Our room was comfortable and clean. There was so much to do on campus. The music at happy hour is not to be missed along with the beach BBQ. highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Explorer304644
HalfMoonJamaica, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

It is lovely receiving review of your recent Half Moon visit.

We are thrilled you had an amazing experience with us. Thank you for your kind compliment for the staff.

The team looks forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Don’t do many reviews so here goes.

The main thing I want to establish is facts rather than opinions as opinions are subjective.

We were 2 families kids aged 20,18,17,15 and 11.
Stayed in villa 57, 6 bedrooms and private pool.
Came with butler, maid and cook.

Location, stunning.
The beaches and the wilder areas just beautiful.
Very long stretch of coast with private beaches etc. Sunsets, amazing.

Villa

Lovely and spacious with a nice size pool.

Hasn’t been updated in 25 years.
Very clean but very tired and dated.
The bathrooms are pure 1970’s.
Air con in bedrooms.
No ceiling fans in the rest of the house making it pretty uninhabitable most of the time.
Also the covered deck for dining at the rear could
Also do with fans as too hot to eat there in the evening, you just sit and sweat.

Villa Staff

Amazing, the team of Cecil, Winsome and Letitia made our stay wonderful.
They really are the reason you would go to Half moon. Can’t thank them enough.

Resort staff

Very helpful and friendly mostly.

So far so good eh? Let’s talk about costs.

When you get a villa you have to buy all of the ingredients from the onsite supermarket.
Once you have set up an account your butler will go everyday and buy what you need.
Family of 9, 5 for 2 weeks, the other 4 for last 10 days.
Cost of food ingredients for the period $5000.00.

We ate out approx 4 days out of those days.

I have to point out that the home cooked food we had was a massive highlight as it was so good.

Cost of the villa for the 2 weeks in low season was $21000.00 not including flights.

Sports

Tennis. $36 to rent 3 rackets that you could have bought at a jumble sale for a pound.
That is a daily charge.

Waterskiing- didn’t dare ask!

Spa

I hour massage $240.

Hobie cat sail boat. $50 for 45 minutes.

Bar/ drinks

$14 cocktails/ beer $8.

Taxis

Mo’bay is 6kms away, return cab $140.

Nightlife, pretty nonexistent. Nothing nearby.

Golf

Nice course, great staff and condition, not very memorable easy course.
Cinnamon hill down the road (2km- $40 cab!)
Amazing course. Loved it.

Summary ( this bit is my opinion)

We had an amazing holiday as we had our families there and we always have a good time wherever we go.I tend to compartmentalise the costs when I am away as it’s our family holiday and I concentrate on having a great time rather than worry about $$.

When it comes down to it, we stayed in a 3 bed villa at the 4 seasons in Mauritius last year and you can’t help but compare the experience.
With bar spend etc it worked out roughly the same cost per head incl all meals etc.

If Half Moon is 5 star them 4 seasons must be 8 star.

The difference is huge.

At the 4 seasons, all the sports are free and have the latest equipment.
Water sports, all free, wakeboard as much as you like.

Bottom line, had an amazing holiday, wouldn’t go back.

Hope this info helps.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
11  Thank jay i

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We do appreciate yourcandid feedback. We are happy to know that you were able to have an enjoyable stay regardless and will be sure to extend your appreciation to Cecil, Winsome and Letitia.

We trust you will have a change of heart and visit us again, particularly upon completion of our East Cove Facility which will debut in November 2018, and new additions include an elegant entry and Great House, 57 new suites and rooms, an expanded beachfront with a natural swimming cove, adults-only swimming pool, two restaurants, market café offering takeaway snacks, pastries and beverages, as well as local crafts, vegan café located at the Fern Tree Spa, three bars and grill.

The team looks forward to serving you again.