4,135 results
All reviews water park seaside grill lazy river luna di mare palms restaurant fresh buffet bbq night bar king frog mango teen zone swim up bar partial ocean view coffee bar jamaica night montego bay jerk hut jamaican night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The entire staff at Hilton Rose Hall were amazing. Always greeting us with smiles and accommodating all our needs. We traveled with a group of 39 family members and to satisfy us all was no small feat. We experience a tragedy while on vacation. My brother passed away due to natural causes and they handle the situation with such respect and dignity. Judith and Janice were amazing. There are now words that I can say to accurately convey my appreciation to them.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Chrisann C, Social Media Coordinator at Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort after your recent visit to our property.

We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with our facilities, food and with the excellent service provided by our staff members.

Our staff members take pride in their jobs and always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction, we are delighted to know that they were amazing and went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one.

There were some other areas that you provided feedback on and we do appreciate you letting us know as this will allow our Management Team to take corrective action where necessary.

We do hope to see you and your family again in the future, making us “your home away from home".

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Rose Hall Hilton the week of 10/15 -10/19/18. This was our 5th time going to the Rose Hall Hilton. We are a family of four. My review will give you pros and cons on the hotel and staff.

PROS:
The reception on arrival was exceptional due to Sade at the front desk. It was quick and friendly.
The water sports team of Baldwin and Bertram is as if we are visiting family. This is one of the reason we keep returning because they make us feel so welcome and not just putting on the charm because they are told they have to be nice to the tourist.
Lifeguard Javar was also so personable and interacting with everyone, which made us feel very welcome as well as others.
One word of advise to the owners would be keep some of your staff instead of having a turn over because that is what makes repeat customers as myself and family keep coming there.
Fresh Restaurant has improved so much as far as the food. The food was GREAT! There was such a great choice and the food was not salty it just had so much flavor.
Housekeeping - the housekeeping staff is the BEST. I feel they work the hardest and don't get the recognition they deserve. My hats off to all of them.

CONS:
Some of the staff need more training when seeing visitors. There were a lot of staff members who did not even say "Good Morning". The concierge desk and the tour desk was not helpful when I was asking about going to the White Witch tour, it was as if I was interrupting them.
Main lobby Bar - when my daughter was asking for a drink before we were leaving she received an attitude from the girl behind the bar. She kind of shouted it does not open till 11 a.m. It is not what you say but how you say it.
Entertainment/Activities - This department needs a huge makeover. There were a lot of children on the premises and I heard that parents were complaining that their children did not have activities to keep them occupied. On Wednesday there was NO entertainment after dinner, Other guest as well as myself were walking around aimlessly until bed time. They need to hire a round the clock DJ to constantly have music playing.
Cafe - Last year we had some delicious shortbread cookies but this year the cookies were not great. Bring back the cookies (sandwich and short breads). The Italian Restaurant was HORRIBLE. My opinion being from NYC the food needs an upgrade. After eating there I had heartburn all night. The food had no flavor and the staff seemed to be running around like a chicken without a head.

Overall - I love Montego Bay and Hilton Rose Hall. I do hope they take my advise and improve on some of the CONS that I have written. I am a repeat guest and I would love to keep coming back.

Room Tip: Resort View rooms are the most relaxing.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 853pair

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort at 1400 on a Tuesday afternoon needing 7 rooms one hour before the official check-in time of 1500. The Hilton customer service agent were able to place us in 6 of 7 rooms and offered us a refreshing beverage as we waited in line to check in. Not only did they place all of us on the same floor but they also placed us in proximity to each other. This resort has a great buffet which offered a variety of fruits, vegetables, meats, and breads which accented the Jamaica Caribbean tradition well and other cultural cuisines. There is an Italian and American restaurant the requires you to make a reservation. Please don't leave with experiencing these two restaurants which is Three Palms and Luna Di Mare. In addition there are numerous restaurants throughout the resort that serves meals ranging from jerk chicken, Jerk pork, tacos, nachos, pizza, cheeseburgers etc. There are 4 bars which offer an array of alcohol and non alcoholic beverages ranging from a Miami vice to a Bob Marley, and crown royal. This is a family friendly resort that offers numerous opportunities to play and exercise which ranges from a kayaking to Wind sailing on the Caribbean, golf, basketball, tennis courts ping pong, They also have a arcade room which is monitored by an attendant. To escape from the heat there is a 110 ft swimming pool and and a lazy tubing river and tubing water slide which is very fun! After sunset, the resort has nightly entertainment from various local bands and other entertainment which include the guest. The response time for service from the maintenance team was not only prompt but it exceeded my expectations when they replaced my phone with a new phone and my room safe with a new safe. During my entire stay the resort was kept clean and the staff was always hospitable and very accommodating to make sure our stay remained pleasant. The only improvement I noticed was the need to repair or replace the the air conditioning in the fitness room.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you found our resort to be excellent.

We appreciate all the kind words on our associates who made sure that your stay was a wonderful one. It was indeed a pleasure hosting you and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and found it to be well done and prepared.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the high recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another beautiful stay in paradise!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at the Hilton Rose. It was our first trip to Jamaica. We have friends that recommended this resort since their parents visit and stay every year in October. We gave the resort and our stay 4 stars...we dropped one start because there seemed to have some communication issues with the front desk and rooms not being available. We had to have our rooms switched 3 times due to the rooms already being occupied (my husband and the bellmen walked in other guests that were already occupying our room) and the last room had a really bad moldy smell in it....It was aggravating hoping from room to room and we just wanted to settle in. We stayed for 6 days and 5 nights and we enjoyed the relax atmosphere, food and amenities. The staff were friendly and were quick to fix the room issues. Chadene the special occasions coordinator was a great help in booking our excursions, special treats and a lovely (surprise by my husband =) private dinner along the beach side. We had a nice couples massage also. All in all, the staff were polite, friendly and attentive. This resort is a smaller all-inclusive resort and it wasn't packed at all when we went in October. The weather was great and we enjoyed our trip to Dunes River Falls that Chadene had set up with a private taxi, shopping in the local business market and eating authentic Jamaican beef, chicken & shrimp patties and great island ice cream. We really enjoyed our trip and the resort. We hope to return with our kids next year.

Room Tip: Rooms have balconies
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

By far the best experience I have had at a hotel. I was greeted at the gate by the most pleasant and welcoming guard, then I met my superstar receptionist Kwasi at the front desk.His kindness was so natural and exceeded my expectations. Kwasi made sure that all of my needs were met and I was completely happy. He even arranged a special set up to make our anniversary extra special. Kwasi deserves a raise and a promotion! Our room was elegant and clean, the amenities were lovely especially the lazy river and water slides. All of the food was tasty especially the jerk chicken from the rasta at the jerk hut. The other staff were very helpful and friendly as well. The hotel was very beautiful and offers a lot of spots for photo ops and a breathtaking view of the beach and golf course from your room. Will be going back!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple