All reviews half board north tyne country hotels river view hadrian's wall some tlc restaurant staff bar meals superior room lovely setting plenty of hot water steam room chesters roman fort kippers short break leisure club enjoyable stay
Reviewed 16 August 2018

The room was average and in need of updating including the bathroom. The breakfast was good with a wide choice. The location is stunning and very quiet.

There is a gym and swimming pool which I did not visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had a lovely stay at this hotel , on arrival to our room I was rather disappointed when I realised that hadn't been given a garden view hotel but been given a room facing the road which we asked not to be allocated a road facing room but thankfully traffic wasn't heavy as I'm such a light sleeper. Room was lovely and recently decorated by looks of it but wasn't happy that no blinds or nets on bedroom window so had to keep curtains closed as passing traffic and people passing could look right in . Breakfast was fine when you could find plates staff work really hard but need to keep on top of things more I feel . Gardens are stunning , didn't drink in bar after first night as they don't have Coke for my Malibu which I find extremely strange not having Coke !! Will definitely come back here though just might bring my own nets/blinds for window .

Room Tip: Garden view would be nicer
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I used the Hotel for a single night stop over during a walk along the length of Hadrian's Wall. I had a room at the far side of the hotel next to the car park. The only problem with this was people passing the room to use the entrance / exit immediately adjacent my room door. Every time felt like someone was trying to enter my room as the external door had no closer, so this was a little disconcerting late at night / early morning.

The hotel overall has a pleasant country hotel feel to it albeit, the room was a little tired and in need of refreshing. The meals (evening and breakfast) were fine. I picked this hotel for it's location being on the route of Hadrian's Wall walk, but it also centrally located to explore Northumberland being close to Hexham and en-route to Kielder Water & Forest.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Only one night stay, but an enjoyable one, lovely views of the river from the garden, room clean and comfortable food we had was nice from the bar and the breakfast was excellent, all the staff we pleasant and friendly. Will stay longer on our next visit

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights in June. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the staff, for the most part, helpful and friendly. The location is lovely in the Chollerford country side. However, the hotel seems to have been set up for bus-touring groups who all tend to arrive for breakfast at the same time, demolish the buffet and then hit the road on the bus. Similarly at dinner. Unless you time it well it is difficult to get the attention of the staff for some individual attention. The staff, particularly at breakfast, seemed harried. After two mornings we decided to eat elsewhere for breakfast, and, taking the advice of other tripadvisors, did the same for dinner. I think the hotel fits a particular niche, and probably does it profitably. Not for us.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple