Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Clare B
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand

Fantastic spot

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2024
Beautiful site right on the beach, and no obtrusive lights to spoil the amazing night skies. Good number of clean basic facilities - no frills but everything you need is here. Friendly wekas and glow worms also abound, a magical place to stop right between the ocean and pororari river which you must walk up
Date of stay: April 2024
1.4 km from Punakaiki Beach Camp
nikau bedroom
1.6 km from Punakaiki Beach Camp
Free parking
A short walk along the beach, north of our cabin.
Get rewarded with One Key
2.1 km from Punakaiki Beach Camp
  • Agoda.com
8.0 km from Punakaiki Beach Camp
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
74.0 km from Punakaiki Beach Camp
View more hotels in Punakaiki
All reviews the kitchen pancake rolls heat pump double bed convenient location friendly owners short walk watch the sunset the pub amazing location new zealand the main road toilets facilities cabin track walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2024 via mobile

For camper or tent probably very nice but the cabin was disappointing. A very small container-like cabin and we had to share the ( not so clean) facilities with the people from the campground. Which meant a very long hike through pitchblack darkness through the woods. As a mature lady I need the loo several rimes in the night but often couldn’t find my way.
Way too far!
Also, we didn’t have wifi in our cabin as apposed to the people on the campground.
The kitchen and eating area was not too well appointed, lots of a
Old stuff there and quite dirty. As for the shower area, not so nice.
It would be nice if there was a nicer communal area inside as well for the rainy days that often occur on the Westcoast.
The scenery was beautiful and the proximity to the beach and pancake rocks was good.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2024

Our intention was to find a place to stay for just one night, but unfortunately, the experience turned out to be quite distressing.
We were met with rude and unprofessional behavior from the camp staff. When we requested a moment to decide whether we would stay or explore other options , the person seemed visibly angry with us and insisted on an immediate decision or leave the place. This made us uncomfortable, as we were simply seeking to make the best choice for our stay.
The manager displayed an alarming lack of professionalism by using offensive language in a loud voice and aggressively pushed for us to pay $44 for a night stay, despite the fact that we did not stay overnight at the camp. This demand was not only unjustified but also left us feeling unfairly treated and disrespected.
We are genuinely perplexed by the turn of events, as we were open to discussion and cooperation.
Every guest deserves a respectful and understanding environment.
We hope that this feedback serves as an opportunity for improvement in customer service and that our feedback contributes to enhancing the overall experience for future campers.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2023

I stayed here for one night at the end of my week long west coast trip. I stopped in to check if this site was dog friendly. I was told yes but the lady at reception proceeded to give me a very condescending lecture me about how my dog must behave or I would be removed. Which is fair enough but the delivery was gross. If I have know that this was the attitude I would have not stayed here.

On this trip we learnt the difference between dogs allowed and dog friendly!

I asked specifically for a flat sheltered spot as my tent is on my roof. I was not allocated such a spot. This was by far the most expensive stay of my trip as well, I feel like I didn’t get my moneys worth.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2023

It is a beautiful spot, but I think overpriced, the camp site was great, but the bathrooms were not as clean as they could be and the shower was a bit hit and miss, ran for about 20 seconds then stopped, hot for first 20 seconds then cold for the rest of shower. Day two it was ok, at least not cold, but day three back to hot cold. For the price we paid you would at least expect a decent shower.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2023

Only a couple of complaints, the showers were terrible. Push button arrangement which went for 20 sec, then had to be pushed again for more water. It was a busy weekend and after waiting for a shower the water was cold, also would be good to have a shelf to put your toiletries on, not acceptable considering the camp fees we paid. The cabin which cost $120, consisted of bed, two chairs a small fridge and a jug to boil water but no water on hand, water, shower and toilets 70m away. Too expensive for what you got.
On the plus side the campsites were of a good size and a lovely spot right on the beach. Beautiful area.

Room tip: Showers did seem better later in the afternoon.
Date of stay: November 2023