All reviews the pub standard room swimming pool queenie suite red letter day small village room was large weekend break long weekend stayed for nights lovely place night stay nothing is too much trouble food was lovely dorset countryside poached eggs main course
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

While taking an electric guitar building course at Crimson Guitars in the UK, I was put up at the Poacher’s Inn in beautiful, and quiet, Piddletrenthide, England. The Inn is comfortable, the pub and dining room cozy. The food was excellent. My room, though fairly standard, was perfect for my extended stay. The bed was comfortable, the bath includes a full tub.

Most importantly, the staff were excellent; warm and welcoming. I can heartily recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We had never visited the countryside of Dorset. We looked for and found a very interesting place in a country area. This did not mean we wanted a remote experience. No, we wanted good and drink in a bucolic area. We found a place which had a good range of food and a place to explore by foot and by car. The room was well presented, comfortable and not too many stairs to access the room. Parking was good - at the back of the hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Travelling from Cornwall to Hampshire we wanted an overnight stop.
I guess the name appealed but we were not disappointed with our stay.
The room was clean and perfectly adequate. Lovely atmosphere in the bar and dining room which we enjoyed. Good parking was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

As visitors to this lovely country inn for the past 10 years we have never been disappointed with the customer service, standard of accommodation and quality of food. The hosts Sarah and Nigel ensure your stay is 'home from home' and nothing is too much trouble. As a vegetarian, there is always a variety of options which I appreciate. The locals are welcoming and friendly as you sit at the bar drinking the various cask ales
A sumptuous breakfast is available which sets you up for the day ahead. The evening meal menu has a good selection of locally sourced produce which is freshly cooked to order. Be prepared to put on a few pounds !!!
The rooms are well presented and provide tea and coffee making facilities
Normally it is my husband and I who stay, however on this occasion we were joined by our in-laws

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

The last night of our holiday in the UK spent at a pleasant country Inn with good atmosophere and great food.
nice walk around the countryside to build up an appetite for dinner and joy the real ales on offer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family