All reviews beach bar room overlooked the sea beautiful sea souvlaki zante town air con reception staff yannis mythos holiday euros
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The room was clean and basic as expected. Cleaner in every day. Reception was helpful and welcoming. Air con was extra and could not have managed without it. Safe in reception was free. We would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redhead132018
George M, Owner at Hotel Castello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear guest,
We are happy and satisfied you had a nice holiday.
Thank you for your kind comments !

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The place is very clean and in great location. The only problem is with customer service. There was no welcome at the reception when I arrived. I was just handed a key. Went to the room and discovered some information stuck on a door in I think Russian language and couldn’t find air conditioning remote. Back to the reception to ask where it is? The grumpy woman was surprised how could I asked about it if I haven’t paid for it. I was trying to explain that I didn’t realize that it wasn’t included in the price I paid and probably would pay extra if I would be informed politely. Somehow they thought I booked my holiday through som Russian travel agent and treated me on terms they have with this company. They put my information in the folder where they kept people booked by this agent. There was no way to explain to them that I have no idea what they are talking about and that I booked it in Uk with uk’s travel agent. It carried on for a week, they made me call the Russian agent when I had a question about transfers to the airport. The woman has told me that she hasn’t got me on her list obviously.
I have been shouted at every time I had a question. They just been pointing at the folder with some strange name on it saying that information is there and sending me to ask my travel agent. I never been treated like this in my life. My 11 years old son been shocked when the owner(I think) of the hotel shouted at me with her husband joining when he’s heard her shouting. When I left the reception the men kept shouting at his wife (I think) for a long time. We could hear it from our room. It was absolutely outrageous.
It is such a shame because otherwise it could e a nice holiday.
I could forgive holes in towels which were very clean and changed daily, the fact that there is a place next door where very loud music is played till 3am every day so we didn’t have a proper sleep even one night.
The beach by the hotel isn’t very nice. It’s very dark and not very clean. The entry to the sea is quite rough with sharp stones but once you walked further about 2 meters it was actually ok. Shower head isn’t fixed to the wall so you need to hold it in your hand while showering. It was all ok but not rude customer service and lack of manners and professionalism. I wouldn’t ever come back there or recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018
George M, Owner at Hotel Castello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. W are sorry your holiday hasnt been as you expected.We would kindly like to inform you that you were booked with SUN MASTER in the UK from the UKs travel agent,as you told us yourself.This agent then booked your holiday through another travel agent and this is how we had your name and your reference number.
Somehow you had no information about all this, especially for your transfer and this is what caused the problem.Your agent should have given you all this information.
Regarding the towels you mentioned with the holes which were clean and changed daily, well I am sorry as this does not make any sense.If this happened even once why didnt you go to the reception and complain or find one of our maids and ask for new towels?Hotels never provide towels with holes in the room, that is for sure.
As for the beach and the sharp stones, sorry but this is nature my dear, what can we do about that?
Showers in Greece are not the same as in any other country, nor is the bath tub .
Its very dissapointing for us as well reading all this and using words as the '' grumpy"" woman in the reception , this is absolutely rude.
Maybe next time getting more information can make your holidays easier and unforgetable.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

All booked on line - and it "does what it says on the website"

We had booked a three bed room although there were only two of us, to give a little more space. On arrival we were allocated a ground floor room which had parking at the front and a terrace at the back, overlooking the beach.

Our price included aircon, a safe (in the reception area) as well as reliable wifi. The self catering kitchen area had recently been refurbished.

As other reviewers have said, the on site bar/restaurant is very good - for anything from breakfast to late Nate drinks.

Reception staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
George M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Castello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments.
We are happy you hada agreat time and hopefully you ca come and visit Zakyhnthos again.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We stayed for 4 weeks in this family run hotel, location ideal in the centre of Argassi. Our room overlooked the sea. Rooms serviced daily to a high standard. The reception staff extremely helpful. We used their superb located taverna on a daily basis and found their chefs Lina and Efthalia prepared lovely home cooked food. Catherine prepares a “mean” pizza. We found George, Mariana, Dimitri, Tilly, Yannis and Nikos to be extremely friendly. There is a very well stocked supermarket on site supplying all one needs. There is a quaint little church on the site.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
George M, The front desk at Hotel Castello Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you Anne for your lovely comments.We are glad you had a good time and hopefully we will see you all again next year !

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We were staying elsewhere and only used the restaurant. We found it on the penultimate night of our holiday having tried a few of the other restaurants in town. Although it was a little breezy (to say the least), we loved dining by the sea, watching the sun go down and the stars come out, with just the sound of the sea as a backdrop. Service was excellent, food was of exceptional quality, house wine was good value and quality - so good that we voted to go back for our last night.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple