All reviews swimming pool daffodil room police check activities room spend quality time pondy city food taste place to stay excellent stay children play pleasant stay south indian fare live counter play area ample parking space rooms are clean standard room
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Well,with kids I always prefer resorts with lots of space to run and play around.This resort fully satisfied that requirement. My kid loved riding his T-scooter all around.The pool are is very good.Rooms are clean and spacious.So infrastucture is 5/5. Food needs to be improved a lot...3/5 for the food. We ordered khichdi for my 3.5 year old at around 9 pm and it was served past 10 pm with spicy chillies...not fit even for me to consume.The food we ordered for ourselves was served with a delay of nearly 1 hour at 11 pm which we then refused to accept.So 2/5 for the room service.Overall, the staff, food & service needs improvisation for the resort to go miles!!!

Room Tip: Pool facing or garden facing
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EktaKhare
SakthidaranS, General Manager at Grand Serenaa Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve our services.
First of all let me thank you for staying with us. However, the experience you described causes us deep concern. It does not represent the quality of service and standard we aim to achieve at our hotel.
We assure you that we will sort out the specific issues mentioned by you & will not repeat again. Please rest assured that we will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the Grand Serenaa Hotel & Resorts with fond memories.
Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, so that we can create another perfect stay at the Grand Serenaa on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Booked this property last minute and got great deal online, it is a very well maintained resort, with all facilities in excellent condition. Also the staff was very helpful and courteous.

Rooms: Very spacious, good quality furniture, the mattress is pretty firm and we had a very peaceful sleep.

Swimming pool: They have 2 small swimming pools, 2 feet and 4 feet deep, decently maintained.

Free Parking: They have ample parking space available, and landscaped gardens.

Gym: They have a good gym, the tread mills and other equipment are new

Breakfast: They have an all veg menu apart from eggs, the buffet breakfast is very tasty and freshly made

Some important tips:
This property is technically located in Tamil Nadu, as it is only 800 meters away from the Pondi toll gate.
This resort does not have a liquor permit, so alcohol can not be served here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review on your stay at Grand Serenaa Hotel & Resorts. It gives me immense pleasure to read that you had an amazing time during your stay and thoroughly enjoyed our services and amenities.

I have taken the liberty to share your kind appreciation with the whole team, as it is feedback such as yours, that motivates us to achieve higher levels of services and standards .

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more of such memorable experiences in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

A very good nice and clean resort with awesome external greens and pool. Served good quality and variety of food. Spacious rooms with beautiful interiors and large washroom. All modern facility like WiFi, LED TV, Room service, tea coffee maker in room with mini bar. Only shortcoming was that it was far away from beach.

Room Tip: Pool facing suite are the Best
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Quite a good hotel with decent facilities. The pool is very good. Rooms are very clean and tidy. Staff too are quite friendly. Some improvement is required in WiFi service. WiFi is not reachable in quite a few locations of the property.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ashok_hd

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We had booked this Hotel considering the reviews for 2 nights. My booking was made through one of the online portals. Per the online portal terms & conditions, my reservation was under non-refundable and no cancellation policies.

Unfortunately, I had a family emergency and understood that I would not be able to make it for my vacation.

First, I called up the portal helpdesk requesting them if they could accommodate something, given a genuine reason. They agreed to modify the trip dates and called up the Hotel reservation desk for the same. The hotel did not entertain modifications or cancellation. The portal helpdesk then reverted back to me saying, they are ok with the request but wanted me to put my case forward to the Hotel reservation desk.

I called up the Hotel reservation desk to explain my condition and request for a change in dates considering it was an emergency and not a pre-planned request.

The Manager was very rude and spoke unprofessionally. At one point I he was shouting about the portal helpdesk and its ineffectiveness. Post talking to him, even the thought of visiting this place in future made me uncomfortable.

I wonder how the guest are being treated in the hotel considering talking over phone for a trivial issue gave me a very bad experience of the hotel.

At the end, it is not how good or grand or luxurious your hotel is but it is all about how you behave with your customers. After all, Customers determine your success.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind patronage and review regarding your stay.
We understand that our services were not up to your expectations and we apologize for the same. We will thoroughly scrutinize the incident and take necessary steps bearing in mind your feedback to enhance our guest experience and to hinder recurrence of such instances. We confer utmost importance to be hospitable to each and every guest and your concern will be definitely taken up .
Please accept my apologize and should you accede my request, kindly let me know on your future visit to handle your arrangements personally.
Sakthidaran.S