“We wanted to go again to see if the food was as good as it was over a year ago”

Oliver's With A Twist
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday 6.30pm to 11.00pm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took some friends to this lovely restaurant for them to try and experience what all the comments were about as regards the food and they were not disappointed at all in fact they booked for themselves for October this year when they come back

bambi44, Owner at Oliver's With A Twist, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there

many thanks for taking the time to write your 5 star review and pleased that your friends enjoyed their meal with us. Look forward to seeing them again on October

Best wishes

Cathy Chris Danni Selina and Sean

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our visit to Oliver's and were met with a warm welcome by the friendly staff. The food was very good and nicely presented. We chose the langostine cocktail followed by the Duck both of which were very tasty. We even had room to sample the medley of desserts to finish off our meal. Need to book a table in advance to avoid disappointment.

Hi there

Thank you so much for your 4 star review and so pleased you enjoyd your evening with us. Lovely to meet you and hopefully see you back in Oliver's again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Like many others, I have tried for a few years to book a table. The food was worth the wait, it was absolutely incredible. The baby breakfast starter is the tastiest meal I have ever eaten and the chicken stuffed with haggis not far behind. Lovely touch of chocolate dipped marshmallow and shot as we were leaving. The reason I haven’t given five stars is that we were quite squashed, the restaurant is small but there were too many people in. The noise level was high and you could hear everyone’s conversations. The seats are uncomfortable too - perhaps a cushion?

Hi guys

Many thanks for you 4 star review and have taken on board what you say, but would say that we do have cushions on every chair they are under the black chair covers. Unfortunately we cannot control the noise levels, each night is different in Olivers sometimes is quite quiet other nights noisy just depends on who is in. Each night is also different some people eat and leave then others like to enjoy their evening with us and stay until we close but we do the same amount of covers each night, perhaps the night you were in you experienced a full restaurant with high noise level. Sorry for this, but so pleased that you enjoyed the food and hope to see you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Made the reservation months ago!! Booked again for November 2018 :)

Due to its popularity in a place with so much competition, one tends to be more critical, so here is my take on Olivers
You would walk past the place it really has no curb appeal. Inside is fairly dated in decor too.
The service, food/wine quality and presentation are excellent.
I explained to the British waitress that I like my steak pink with no blood but it was too well done for me. I decided not to send it back as it was edible and I didn't want to eat later than the rest of the party.
Value is really good with a great New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for 15 Euros.
2 courses for 25 Euros and a 5 Euro supplement for fillet steak.

Hi there

thank you for your review and also the 4 stars that you gave us.

In reponse I would reply as follows

We feel we don't need curb appeal, in our view, as once you are inside that is where you experience the food ambience and service, which you mention is excellent. Sorry you didn't like the décor and thought it was dated but we love it
Pink steak is extremely difficult to cook without blood the only way a proper steak is cooked without blood is blue or well done, but I wish you had mentioned this on the night.
The wine of the week which is currently New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is going really well and pleased that you enjoyed it.

We do really appreciate the feedback we get from customers and appreciate your honesty and I do hope that you will visit us again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were fortunate to dine here again last week after first experiencing this lovely restaurant in November ! Always worth asking if any cancellations ( people book months in advance !!!) as the lovely Cathy will always do her best to accommodate both old and new customers ! The food was as good as we remembered ! We love the time thought and effort that Chris the Chef goes to re freshest ingredients, adventurous combinations and incredible presentation! We tried so hard to have something different but loved our starters so much last time we had them again ! Stilton and haggis balls and the Indian cod ! Then we were happy to pay a small supplement for the best Salmon I’ve ever tasted in a langoustine sauce ! My mouth is watering as I write ! Hubby had a steak which was melt in the mouth ! We were stuffed but shared one portion of Malteser cheesecake ! Oh my !!! Service, food, ambience all excellent ! This is a busy little restaurant but you never ever feel it ! Well done to you guys can’t wait for our next visit x

2  Thank busy-mum-blackburn

Hi guys, so very pleased that I managed to fit you in on a late cancellation and you enjoyed your second visit with us. Yes Chris is always trying to creative new combinations just so that we at a little different to other restaurants in our area.

Thank you for your informative review and hope you both arrived home safely and not missing Riley too much until the next time take care