“The best school in Lanzarote”

Pro Center Antxon Otaegui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Windsurf school and rental
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic place, material and above all - people. I had not windsurfed for close to 20 years (!) but thanks to Antxon, his kindness, professional and very precise advices, encouragements, the security he puts around you at all time, the way he chooses the material for you in function of the conditions and your progress, the quality of the boards and sails, I had a fabulous time and made it back with a maximum of fun ! It is amazing to see how he cares about his clients and how happy he is when you are learning. I am so thankful to have chosen his school and grateful to him and his team - do not hesitate, that’s the best place in Lanzarote ;-)

Madeleine, the girl who jumped ;-)

All reviews
"shop"
in 5 reviews
"lanzarote"

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Antxon gave me some useful tips to improve and was clear in his instructions. Unfortunately, I only windsurfed 1 session, as ill next, but would book a course here next visit.
Centre tricky to find.....once you've spotted Windsurf Club centre, turn right and shop front is then visible. I was able to book there and then for the following day.
Really friendly guys

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I had a great time there :-) If I'll ever come back surfing on Lanzarte I'll choose them
again :-) The team is very kind, motivating and despite I had no luck with the wind, I think I learned a lot :-) Thank you, guys, you're doing a great job.

1  Thank Unknown49
Reviewed 21 March 2017

As soon as we walked into the shop we felt very welcomed.
The gear was great, really top notch. Aside from providing excellent friendly service we felt that the staff genuinely wanted to ensure we had a great stay on the island. The were all lovely people. Cannot recommend this center enough! 6/5 gold stars!!!

1  Thank Neil1988
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Being 3d place in world freestyle does not necessarily mean being an excellent instructor or a mega positive person, does it? In case of Antxon it is a combination of highest skills, wonderful gift for teaching and unbeatable charisma. He does not treat you as "another object to train", but as a "brother" of a windsurfing lovers world club :)
If your child already likes windsurfing, with Anxton he/she would make a big progress, if he does not like it - he will love it after lessons, no other option :) I don't know how Anxton passes his passion - it is just a gift. I cannot compare to other places in Costa Teguise, but I can compare to other spots in Egypt, Fuerteventura, Greece. This is simply the best I have seen so far.
My 10 y.o. son started to windsurf in a harness just during 1st lesson with Antxon (it took him several days of unsuccessful attempts before with other instructors). He pretty much liked windsurfing before, but after the lesson he was so enlightened, and wanted to take lessons, eventhough he broke in flu and had fever.
Antxon, if you ever read this - thank you so much! - and we will definitely come back in several months to continue lessons for Ivan and myself.
Valeria