“Simply the best”

Pro Center Antxon Otaegui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Windsurf school and rental
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Being 3d place in world freestyle does not necessarily mean being an excellent instructor or a mega positive person, does it? In case of Antxon it is a combination of highest skills, wonderful gift for teaching and unbeatable charisma. He does not treat you as "another object to train", but as a "brother" of a windsurfing lovers world club :)
If your child already likes windsurfing, with Anxton he/she would make a big progress, if he does not like it - he will love it after lessons, no other option :) I don't know how Anxton passes his passion - it is just a gift. I cannot compare to other places in Costa Teguise, but I can compare to other spots in Egypt, Fuerteventura, Greece. This is simply the best I have seen so far.
My 10 y.o. son started to windsurf in a harness just during 1st lesson with Antxon (it took him several days of unsuccessful attempts before with other instructors). He pretty much liked windsurfing before, but after the lesson he was so enlightened, and wanted to take lessons, eventhough he broke in flu and had fever.
Antxon, if you ever read this - thank you so much! - and we will definitely come back in several months to continue lessons for Ivan and myself.
Valeria

"shop"
in 5 reviews
"lanzarote"

Reviewed 7 December 2016

I undertook the intermediate program this morning and found the experience to be rewarding, fun and instructive. Great helpful teacher and welcomed to the school. Will be returning in January 2017 for further experience. Many thanks

1  Thank jsd2
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had little experience with wind surfing and I was a anxious how it would be in the ocean. But John is a really skilled teacher and it was so easy from him. Whenever you had problems he came with his boat and gave you advise. It was incredible how much you can learn in three lessons and the whole team is really very nice. We can only recomment this school!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I can echo all the great reviews that were given to Antxon! He is really the best coach! My BF and I went on a windsurfing holiday in Lanzarote. We both join a windsurf club and play a little bit in a lake near London. Never been windsurfing in an ocean and it could get quite scary when one thinks of it. However, Antxon has made it such a pleasant experience! He is extremely knowledgable, easy going and spot on the problems! Both of us went for a trial on the first visit. We changed, chose the sail and board(with Antxon's full guidance). He explains the key points and off we go. I was on a beginner course, while my BF was just gear hiring as he is more experienced. Antxon was on a speed boat and coaching. After explaining various techniques, and saw that I was able to sail quite alright, he then boat near my BF and coached him as well!! You can see that Antxon is in deed a person that is enthusiastic about windsurfing! This shop is not a pure money making machine(unlike some others). This shop is his passion, his happiness!
We went back for a second session a couple days later. And it was as good as first time! This time, he had a second board and sail for me as spare. He actually use it to show me how various techniques should be done properly. And guess what, at the end of the coaching session, he showed off a little bit! Hehehe. All is well to see a pro playing windsurfing!
We also asked him for restaurant recommendations and I can safely said that both restaurants are the best we had in Lanzarote!
If you are after a good windsurfing school, don't hesitate, go with Antxon! His shop is not right beside the beach, but you will not be disappointed!