“Excellent and worthwhile experience”

Pro Center Antxon Otaegui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Windsurf school and rental
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I undertook the intermediate program this morning and found the experience to be rewarding, fun and instructive. Great helpful teacher and welcomed to the school. Will be returning in January 2017 for further experience. Many thanks

1  Thank jsd2
"shop"
in 5 reviews
"lanzarote"

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had little experience with wind surfing and I was a anxious how it would be in the ocean. But John is a really skilled teacher and it was so easy from him. Whenever you had problems he came with his boat and gave you advise. It was incredible how much you can learn in three lessons and the whole team is really very nice. We can only recomment this school!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I can echo all the great reviews that were given to Antxon! He is really the best coach! My BF and I went on a windsurfing holiday in Lanzarote. We both join a windsurf club and play a little bit in a lake near London. Never been windsurfing in an ocean and it could get quite scary when one thinks of it. However, Antxon has made it such a pleasant experience! He is extremely knowledgable, easy going and spot on the problems! Both of us went for a trial on the first visit. We changed, chose the sail and board(with Antxon's full guidance). He explains the key points and off we go. I was on a beginner course, while my BF was just gear hiring as he is more experienced. Antxon was on a speed boat and coaching. After explaining various techniques, and saw that I was able to sail quite alright, he then boat near my BF and coached him as well!! You can see that Antxon is in deed a person that is enthusiastic about windsurfing! This shop is not a pure money making machine(unlike some others). This shop is his passion, his happiness!
We went back for a second session a couple days later. And it was as good as first time! This time, he had a second board and sail for me as spare. He actually use it to show me how various techniques should be done properly. And guess what, at the end of the coaching session, he showed off a little bit! Hehehe. All is well to see a pro playing windsurfing!
We also asked him for restaurant recommendations and I can safely said that both restaurants are the best we had in Lanzarote!
If you are after a good windsurfing school, don't hesitate, go with Antxon! His shop is not right beside the beach, but you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The best windsurfing classes we've ever taken. Me and my boyfriend took windsurfing classes with Antxon and we are extremely happy with the experience. He is able to adapt to different levels (from beginner to advanced), stays very patient, gives you loads of helpful tips and all this in a very friendly atmosphere. We recommend and would repeat again :)