Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,031 results
All reviews royal suite asian restaurant gelateria beach bar main restaurant flight path ice cream salt water evening entertainment star hotel kos airport open for lunch buffet style porto bello indoor pool greek taverna sea view
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2022 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel! We had a junior suite with sea view which was gorgeous, the view from the balcony was beautiful. Loved the restaurants, especially the themed restaurants which you can book 1-2 days prior. Food and drinks were excellent, the pools (15 of them!) were lovely too and there was plenty of loungers by the pools and on the lovely beach. The best thing by far though was the staff, from the housekeepers, restaurant and bar staff to maintenance guys, everyone was so friendly and the staff in the restaurants and bars especially work so hard, but were so cheerful and a joy to be around! They really are a credit to the hotel.
The only thing that would make it even more brilliant would be some adults only-areas, perhaps a pool, area of the restaurant and a bar exclusively for adults. However I have to say, we loved this holiday!

Room tip: Sea view rooms are well worth the extra.
1  Thank Voyager46357635541
Porto Bello Royal , Γενικός Διευθυντής at Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Porto Bello Royal to be the destination for your vacations, and also for your review and rating. It gives us motivation to improve and become even better.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and we would be really happy to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards

Reviewed 3 July 2022

Porto Bello Royal is a fantastic hotel. We visited from the middle of June to July.

The animation team is a absolute credit to the hotel. We dealt closely with, George, Csenge and V Boy who made our trip all the more enjoyable, getting us involved in the games. However most of the equipment they used was very old and out of date although the guys made it work with what they had. Although we only got to know these three the rest of the team held fantastic performances at the theatre and were very friendly.

In terms of food and drink the burger place was the best restaurant by a long shot with the Italian in second place. However the Asian and mexican nights at the buffet were great. Breakfast and lunch buffet was all that you really needed to keep you going. In terms of bar staff, Migle , Stella Mary, syzan were absolutely fantastic and Stella's cocktail should be added to the menu "Stella special". The beach bar was also really good with the Greek being the best lunch booked place. On the advertisation it said there was an Asian restraunt which didn't really exist which was the only real negative.

During the period we visited it was nice and quiet meaning we never had to get up super early to get a good sunbed. However towards the end it was getting very busy as the season begins which meant ques are longer and the restraunts are busier. The whole hotel was very clean and tidy however securing water bottles was an absolute mission.

Overall our stay was great and would definitely come again. Another negative is overhearing staff members not having any days off for a long time which saddend us alot as they work so hard!!

Joe & Sophie

1  Thank Joeking521

Dear Guests,

Best regards

Reviewed 3 July 2022

As our first couple holiday we decided to do a last minute holiday and we chose to stay in Porto Bello Royal.

I can pretty much say we are very impressed with the hotel, there are so many things you can do.

With there being so many pools (15 to be precise) you won’t struggle for a sun bed.

Food there are plenty of options with the buffet in which you don’t need to book but you also have all the other cuisine however having to book 24 hours in advance is a bit of a pain as it fills up quick.

Moving to the entertainment I want to give some big shout outs to a few of the members. George, Csenge, V boy and Emilia. These are all valuable members of the team who got us involved in activities during the day and put on fantastic performances in the theatre to entertain us during the night along with the other members of the sister hotel but unsure of their names I’m sorry. The only downside to the entertainment is that some of the equipment used in the hotel for their activities are very outdated and need improving I feel for the guys trying to play table tennis with bats that are 20 years old.

The bar staff are great, friendly and very efficient Suzanne, Mary and Stella are the ones who really stood out to me so thanks guys.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will look to come back in the future. Very happy and what an enjoyable experience of my first time in Kos.

Thanks all James

1  Thank Jamesapage96

Dear esteemed guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing Porto Bello Royal for your holidays and secondly for your review and feedback; your positive comments for our property and customer service are very encouraging and will help us keep up the good work.

Reviewed 3 July 2022

Where to start, firstly me and my partner were looking for a relaxing and luxurious stay and this did not dissapoint. Upon arrival you are greeted with gorgeous surroundings, the reception is grand and the surroundings and sea views are beautiful. The staff are simply incredible, we were always greeted with a smile and they really do go the extra mile to ensure your stay is memorable. They work incredibly hard and I only wish I was a millionaire to tip them all they deserve! My girlfriend suffers from ME and has a gluten intolerance, the knowledge from the restaurant staff and choice of food available was exceptional (a lot of restaurants back home could take a few notes!) We opted for the swim up double room and I can't recommend it enough. The room was gorgous, loungers on the patio and the pool is something I'll miss greatly! We were probably the furthest point away from the main building but the upside of that is a pool that is almost private and i could burn a few of the many calories i'd consumed!. We were only here for 5 days and there is so much we have left to discover next time. There's nothing I could complain about, we're leaving fully refreshed and already looking at booking again for next year. The main buffet restaurant has so many choices and was very varied, we were more than satisfied with their offerings, plus the ice cream parlour is perfect for an afternoon snack! Plenty of bars at night and we always managed a spot on the main terrace overlooking the beautiful array of pools lit up. Drinks are served promptly and we had no issues with any queues etc.
For 1.80E you can venture into Kardaminia by bus and there's a beautiful harbour and loads of little shops to explore along with alot of restaurants - are amazing neighbours (Claire & Brett) recommended Thomas Steak House and I'm so glad we booked in, another gorgous meal and great atmosphere. Honestly everybody we met on holiday was a joy to be around.
My only regret is not hiring out a buggy for a little adventure but we'll do this next time for sure!
One thing to bear in mind - you are on the flight path and a few planes do go over, we only saw this as a positive though - a quick 15min transfer from the airport and a lot of cool photo ops! Would not put us off, and certainly didn't keep us up (if your in your room your air con will mask any sound anyway) otherwise its nice watching them come into land sat on the terrace or floating in the pool!
Can't wait until we're back it was our perfect getaway! We'll be recommending to anybody that listens

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank SunnyBill101

Reviewed 3 July 2022

This was our third time visiting Kos and the first time staying in this hotel and resort!
Our room was a Seaview with our own pool..Outstanding!
We had a couple of issues but met with Christos the Manager and he very swiftly sorted it out!
My view of this resort is it has something for everybody!
Food Cleanliness Hygiene I cannot fault it!
There is another Bar in the process of construction thus this will ensure those people at the far side of the complex will not have to travel too far for a drink and a snack!
I hope to visit again very soon!

"Well Recommended!"