All reviews via francigena comfortable rooms the hotel staff school party balcony clients areas lounge pila
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We find this place to be a bit out of the way for skiing areas, but well worth the extra drive. Great value for a family of 4 and not sure I understand the reviews saying the staff is rude. They are always extremely nice and helpful to us. I try to leave the maid a tip because our room is a disaster and she won’t take it. The view here is very pretty. In three years of staying, I can’t think of one instance where someone was unpleasant. Easy to store our skis, easy to find, easy to park....breakfast made for us in the morning. Bar is very, very reasonably priced. I can’t think of anything else I would want in a hotel. OK maybe slightly better coffee at breakfast but that is the problem ANYWHERE.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank flyboyswifeEXETER
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Visited this hotel with three friends whilst walking the Via Francigena. Very "efficient" greeting from the chap on reception which lacked any warmth. Room was comfortable and bed large and comfy. We would revisit if we came back this way.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We were very disappointed by the approach of the staff, they were not hospitable at all and only stuck to the rules, and we were not the only ones!
Every time we passed the reception we found customers arguing about money issues. The receptionist was interrupting us and not listening to us at all! The hotel is very rule orientated and they seem to be more concerned about stickinf to the (many) rules then about trying to make a customer happy.
It is a hotel full of rules anyway: stuck on the walls telling us clients what not to do!
There are a lot of small things I didnt appreciate which normally I wouldnt find it worth mentioning but together with the strict unhospitable staff it all adds up
(Hard towels, uncomfortable pillows, outdated interior, a loud generator beneath our balcony, a not working well hairblower, an early timeslot to breakfast, we couldnt sit at the table of our choice, a window fell out of its pivots) as I said all small things but to us they were symptoms of a staff that dont know what clients really would like but worse they dont seem to care!
One exeption: this one french girl who was really nice! Compliments to her.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were very dissapointed. Really rude people. Only the girl at the restaurant is friendly. The reception gave us a difficult time with paying.
Didn't try to help us with things when we we're stranded because of the rain and broken shoes.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HOTELETROUBLES, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Beau Sejour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

We also are disappointed when reviews aren't true to reality.
The client has forgotten to say that he arrived at the hotel, without a reservation, in
full august and our hotel, luckily for us, was fully booked and consequently
we were not able to help him with the accomodation, despite our goodwill.
Sorry for rain and broken shoes..... are we responsible also for these????

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel as party leader for a group of 9-13 year old school children skiing in nearby Pila. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and pleasant. The food in particular was a highlight and they catered very well for our children with specific dietary requirements. We would be very happy to visit again or to bring my family.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business