“1st Class Central America Experience”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
bill A
Cleveland, Ohio
“1st Class Central America Experience”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Casa Kickapoo is a first class resort; from the minute I set foot on the property I was welcomed with open arms and a fresh coconut! The low key approach was nice after a long travel day. I was given a tour of the grounds and introduced to staff and shown to my room. I woke the next morning to the most beautiful sounds and scenery imaginable. I grabbed a cup of fresh ground coffee and wandered to the gazebo which is situated on the property at the end of a shot pier on the Jaltepeque Estuary. This turned out to be my morning routine for the 9 days I was there. The Estuary is peaceful and the views of the volcanoes' were magical. The entire time I was at Casa Kickapoo I felt like I was in my own home. The staff was accommodating and pleasant to be around; never did they get in my way or tell me I could not do something. The meals were awesome too; fresh juices were provided daily and the chef would prepare just about anything you requested.

World class surfing… This was also part of my daily routine. Costa Del Sol beach was just a short walk or ride. Surf instruction and all the gear were provided.

The house is well appointed and comfortable; several well positioned hammocks we perfect for afternoon siestas.

I miss this place and still keep in touch with friends I made during my stay.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Leaving
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Keith J
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Awesome place to stay for vacation or training”
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I stayed a week with Luis and company and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The grounds are beautiful with a view into the bay. You can lie for hours in the hammocks with a slight breeze blowing with only the sounds of the water beneath you. During the heat of the day there are also plenty of chairs and hammocks to relax in while you can play numerous board games or watch movies. Across the main road is a path directly to the beach and great surfing. We surfed every morning before training and the “other Luis” was right there with us as a surfing instructor.

Luis and his whole staff made the enjoyment of my stay their first priority. Numerous times I was asked if there was anything that needed to be changed or that I required. This was a jiu-jitsu training "vacation" and we were kept fully supplied with drinks at all times including delicious fresh coconut water. The onsite chef managed to create extremely good but also healthy meals every single day which after 4-6 hours of training was much needed.

This was far away from the hustle and bustle of San Salvador. It’s peaceful and quiet where the casa is located and never once did I or any other classmate feel unsafe at all. We walked wherever we wanted freely and just relaxed and enjoyed the feel of the beach and ocean.

I would highly recommend to anyone considering El Salvador to contact Luis. For the price of a typical vacation in some places you’ll get personal attention from Luis and staff, meals cooked exactly the way you want and a personal surf instructor if you request it. It is one of the best vacations I have ever been on in 20+ years. You will not be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Surfing every morning shortly after sunrise.
Liked least: The insects on the beach path. The only place they ever bothered me.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Large groups
Matt S
Costa Mesa, California
“Good food, good people, good scenery, good beaches. good vibes”
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

As soon as I landed, I had a driver arranged for my pick up. He was super friendly and took me on the 30-40 minute drive to the house. Literally as I set my first step down out of the vehicle, I was welcomed by a bunch of cool humans. I walked around the residence and took in what I could during the night hour. The air was clean as crisp with the ocean right there. When sun up came, wow, it was beautiful. The property itself is well maintained especially for being an older space. Outdoor showers and bathrooms in multiple spots around the property as well as in door units in your rooms. The bathrooms and showers in the rooms are all upgraded and new. Hammocks, and couches every where to just chill out. Everything is so well maintained and the people of the country are so beautiful and kind. The beaches are beautiful and the water is so warm, I was a fool for bringing my wet suit.

The food was excellent. The water was great, the people are beautiful. Theres fresh coconuts everywhere daily for your taking and theres fresh drinking water stations which you can use for brushing teeth as well as drinking water.The hosts have done an excellent job of creating the perfect vibe for the place. I highly recommend this spot to any one. In fact, I am already set on returning late 2016.

Liked best: the people
Liked least: too short of a trip. I wish I could stay longer.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
Claudia K
Charleston, South Carolina
“Fun with the family”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Casa Kickapoo exceeded our expectations. The house is perfect for kids and traveling in larger groups. It has a great common area where you can hang out with the group or by yourself. The garden is well maintained and the pool offers a refreshing break to your activities. There are many things to do for the nature lover and the sports enthusiast. From boat excursions into the mangrove forests to surfing or deep sea fishing, you will never get bored. The house has beach as well as estuary access allowing for optimal water sports.
The WiFi worked reliably well. Overall house does the basics really well, it is comfortable, clean and well maintained.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Tess H
“Casa Kickapoo is the best!”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I stayed at Casa Kickapoo Dec 2015 to attend a Steve Maxwell BJJ/Surf Camp. It was fantastic! The staff at Casa Kickapoo go above and beyond all expectations. The facilities had everything there that you could ever want or need - it is very clean, the food was amazing and the staff are the most beautiful people you will ever meet. On my arrival I instantly felt at home, they welcomed me and the other attendees with open arms. The camp was amazing, and I got to meet some of the coolest people from all walks of life. This will always be a memorable experience for me and I will return over and over again. Can't wait for the next camp!!
Thank you Luis, Gloria and the rest of the Casa Kickapoo team, you guys rock!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything was fantastic, perfect!
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing