“Lovely quality food ”

Reserve a table
Tue, 18/05
20:00
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Description: Welcome to The Glenelg Public House. ‘Public House’ was the original term for what we now all refer to as ‘The Pub’. A public house was just that; a house made public, offering food, drink and respite to the local community. A very simple and welcoming concept that we would like you to experience every time you come to dine with us. With this in mind, we source all of our produce with another simple principle at heart; the best we can find, prepared with minimal interruption and brought to your table at a price that can be enjoyed everyday. Our menu is steak-focused, using the World’s best beef, which is grown right here in our backyard. We have a seasonal selection of starters and sides and our menu is subject to regular change. We offer a range of classic and new world sauces. The descriptions are short and to the point as we prefer to under promise and over deliver, allowing the food to do all of the talking. In terms of our bar, we like to support local businesses by stocking an array of provincial products, as well as offering quality overseas beers, wines and premium spirits. Our wine list features both Australian and International wines, giving us confidence in our belief that we have the perfect wine to match your meal. Our cocktail list, consisting of only the classics, follows our ethos of simple things, done very well!
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed this place and the food was beautiful quality and incredible flavours.

We shared the beef and it was cooked to perfection. The sides were incredibly tasty and provided wonderful variety.

I would return to this place again.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (326)

Reviewed 30 January 2021

Hands down the best steak I have ever had the privilege of experiencing. My family is a big steak family and we're always travelling to find our personnel best stakes and I have defiantly found mine at the Glenelg public stake house. I had a 150 Gram rib fillet 9+ marbling wagyu meat cooked medium rare, it melted in my mouth it was as good as heaven its self. Excellent customer service the staff kept topping up our water before we could even turn around to call for them. My father told the lady who was taking our order "whatever the chef recommends" then one minute later he came out and had a full conversation with him and us. Best steam I've ever had the pleasure of consuming and the best customer service I have ever experienced. I would put 10 STARS if I was allowed to. Thank you to the team working there.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

The food, the vibe, the staff, tick, tick, and DOUBLE tick!

Can you tell I like to be dramatic in my reviews? lol

Only when it is deserving and THIS PLACE is deserving of such dramatical promotion.

Thank you for an incredible dining experience!

I will be recommending this place to EVERYONE who is looking for an incredible STEAK place

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

I love this place, fantastic restaurant. Great service and the steaks are amazing. Highly recommend. Go-you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

When we first arrived, I must say, it was probably the most unwelcome I have ever felt at a restaurant, and I have travelled to at least 50 countries. We arrived for our 8:45pm booking on time, perhaps not the best time for staff wanting to go home early I guess, but the only booking time we could get. The hostess and other blonde waitress who greeted us were extremely rude and it seemed like we were offending them by just being there. We were placed at the end of a large table right next to the service area. We felt awkward and in the way. Not exactly a great atmosphere to have a romantic dinner for two. My husband went to move to the chair next to me and was reprimanded by the waitress and told that another party was going to be sitting at the other end. Wtf?! In the interim a few single tables had finished so we got enough guts up to request to move. Thankfully we got another waitress, someone who took a bit more pride in her job and made us feel welcome. In the end she was really the only good thing about this place because the food was just ok, especially for the price. I’ve had way better steaks for much less before...

2  Thank EmmaN698