“Lunch stop”

and up
Wine Tasting Tour including Gourmet Lunch
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Waipara
More attraction details
Owner description: On State Highway 1, set amongst the vines is the iconic stone building that is home to Waipara Hills. Here you'll discover an operating winery, cellar door and seasonal cafe. Just 45 minutes drive north of Christchurch.
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Very much enjoyed an impromptu stop at the winery for lunch. I had the antipasto platter, and couldn’t quite eat everything but I gave it my best shot. Hubby had the seafood platter and he cleaned his plate, very delicious and the glass of Rose’ with my meal was perfect

All reviews
"eq"
"christchurch"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful wine tasting as we drive from Hanmer to Christchurch. The host was friendly. The wine was delicious. It is well worth forcing the driver to stop here.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Came on a busy day today (a few big groups while we were there and other customers like us) and they only had 2 staff, the lady we had was so good at managing everyone. Gave us really good service and we really enjoyed the experience. Would definitely recommend!!

WaiparaHills, Manager at Waipara Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for your review Tyler, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us - we aim to delight!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience at the wine tasting at Waipara Hills.Unfortunately we didn’t catch the ladies name but she is young with dark hair.She really knows her stuff and we had a fantastic tasting session for five dollars each!
We did have lunch in the restaurant and it was nice.The prawn wraps were lovely.The chicken wings were deep fried which was a little too much for us.Overall we loved our afternoon there.

WaiparaHills, Marketing at Waipara Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we're delighted you enjoyed your tasting and lunch with us!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We went here with high hopes after seeing the beautiful building and view... unfortunately the service was disgusting. On arrival, we went over for a tasting by an older woman who seemingly judged us and assumed that we weren't going to buy any wine and it wasn't worth her time... firstly she gave us absolutely no wine knowledge or background information whatsoever and told me that I wasn't allowed to do a full tasting because i was the driver even though we planned to stay a few hours for lunch. Her tone and attitude absolutely stunk every time we asked to try a different wine. The cherry on top was when my partner asked to try a second Pinot gris to decide which one to buy and she rolled her eyes and said "I suppose so". I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life or experienced such rude attitude. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!

2  Thank Kristina A