“Quick pitstop for coffee and cake”
Review of Cafe Nosh

Cafe Nosh
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Waimate
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 April 2024 via mobile

Nice stop while traveling route 1. Quick bite and coffee. Nice staff. At a fork in highways. Some customer parking spaces available.

Date of visit: April 2024

Reviewed 7 April 2024

I had the sausage roll. It was so hard on each end I couldn't get knife to cut it. Rest was really poor, possibly a microwave error?. Next two tables were up in arms about terrible food which the couldn't eat. I was totally shocked as in years gone by it was a favourite stop because of the great food.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Promoted a selection of exotic pies, but my Thai Green Chicken one was very dry, as though it had been in a hot cabinet for several days. My partner’s salad lacked dressing, and salt & pepper had to be asked for specially, as it was not available anywhere. A good selection of over-large sweet slices was a plus, but being completely staffed by overseas students with limited English caused ordering difficulties for both us, and other groups coming in. Parking for our caravan, and other Motorhomes, was also an issue.
This cafe is strategically placed on SH1, but has gone downhill in the last year or so, and could do a lot better.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 15 March 2024

If I could give this place negative stars I would! Walking into the cafe presentation is so great but I asked for a pie and got a microwave sponge. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, such a let down. Staff were so rude and nasty. Would never go back there again.. also being judged for the way I looked, wasn’t impressed.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 15 March 2024

Came In with family, coffee was burnt and bitter, and service was slow was told scones where made that day but they were hard and dry , when I told them about the service and coffee I was yelled at and asked if I was a trained barista, which I am and then was told I should never come back

Date of visit: February 2024