1,835 results
All reviews spa bath mt cook bedroom apartment unobstructed view excellent accommodation underfloor heating views of the mountains great place to stay the kitchen comfortable bed would definitely stay here again great room new zealand cooking facilities stayed longer great view south island
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms were spacious and clean.We can even cook with the well facilitated kitchen. We had wonderful view from our window. The living room was also beyond our expectation. I will definitely recommend to anyone staying at Mt.Cook.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul L, Manager at Aoraki Court Aoraki/Mt Cook Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Yue G
Thanks for your review
safe travels

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we were booking our NZ trip a year in advance we were disappointed not to be able to get a room in The Hermitage hotel which is the main ‘residence’ near Mount Cook, so we booked Aoraki Court instead.
I shall struggle to explain how perfect this place was - from the friendly couple who run it with a slick little team of happy helpers to the spot overlooking Mt Cook. The rooms are impeccably clean with a shower and kitchen area and a patio to sit on - all units have views of the mountain. There is even a laundry room which was super handy as we are on the road. The breakfast, which is popped into your fridge the night before was everything you could want.
The promised in room iron and ironing board were missing and so I went to ask where they were and was told that sadly they had to be removed because some people were cooking bacon on the irons!! Incredulous I know, as there are cooking facilities in each unit, but very funny too. Anyway, one of each is now located in the laundry which was fine.
Can’t fault this little gem - yes The Hermitage is great for supper but if you’re not sure where to stay tick this box, it’s utterly perfect and will be a memory I shall treasure forever.

Room tip: All rooms are gr at with views.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi W469WGkatiet

Many thanks for your great review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your time here.
Safe travels

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If you're looking for some real value for money in pricey Mount Cook Village, look no further. The Aoraki Court, a family-run business, offers new, large studios with kitchenette. The units are well-equipped, spotless and very well maintained. An absolute gem of a place.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Roadtrip_Fan_UK

Thanks for placing a review.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It’s not often you can take a picture from within your motel room that rivals the ones taken in the great outdoors. But the view from my suite at the Aoraki Court was simply that spectacular. Every morning there was a stunning reflection of Mt Sefton on the dining room table thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows in the unit.

I booked a 5-day stay at Aoraki Court after reading the excellent reviews here. As I was traveling in mid-September I wanted a place that would be extremely comfortable and cozy should I run into bad weather and be stuck indoors for any significant period of time. (I had been to Aoraki/Mount Cook twice before—almost a decade ago—and had experienced quite a few bad weather days.) There was a mixed rain/snow storm on the day I arrived but then I had surprisingly great weather for the rest of my stay. Pretty amazing luck and also confirmation that shoulder season travel can sometimes pay off in great ways.

There were so many wonderful things about my stay that it might be easier to capture them in a bullet list:

• The views. I can’t stop thinking about those incredible views of Mt Sefton and the Footstool. In some units you can walk out the patio door and have a completely unobstructed view. (Note: Aoraki/Mt Cook itself is not visible from this particular location in Mt Cook Village. From experience I knew Aoraki would be visible from the popular tramps in the area as well as the visitor center so that wasn’t a significant consideration for me when choosing accommodations.)

• Supremely comfortable. The 2-bdrm unit was incredibly spacious. Well-designed rooms (master bdrm, guest bdrm, living room, dining area, full kitchen, spa bath) were complemented by modern furnishings and excellent appliances throughout. It was easy to prepare meals in the full kitchen. (So consider the 2-bdrm unit if you prefer a full kitchen rather than the kitchenette available in the studios.) As others have noted just be sure to bring groceries with you. Heating was excellent and kept the unit very cozy despite the cold temps outside.

• Location. True, any accommodation in Mt Cook Village will offer relatively easy access to the popular tramps in the park. But the stellar advantage at this property is how easy it is to get in and out quickly; this is a particular benefit to photographers. These are all ground-level units and there is wide open space at the front of the property. You can simply step outside for sunrise/sunset pics and if star-watching is on the itinerary (and it should be!) just step outside your unit for an unparalleled nighttime view. On the surface this may not sound like a big deal but I found these individual units made for a more immersive experience in the park. Parking was also incredibly convenient and close to each unit.

• Service. I had emailed Paul (the motel manager) many months in advance to ask about the different room types. He responded immediately and was gracious and helpful. Flash forward to almost 8 months later; upon my arrival it was clear that he had remembered that earlier email inquiry—and that I was a photographer—and he very thoughtfully made sure I had a unit with wide open views. Pretty remarkable. And the front desk staff were consistently friendly and helpful during my stay.

• Value. I see varying opinions on the price point throughout the reviews. I’m looking at this in the context of the location. I’m more familiar with National Parks in the United States. And in my experience you can very easily be stuck paying an extraordinary amount of money for not-so-great hotels/lodges, simply because they are centrally located in a national park. So I thought the prices of rooms at Aoraki Court were quite reasonable given the property’s fantastic location and the very modern and comfortable accommodations provided. I almost always camp when traveling to national parks when at home (western U.S.) so this was definitely a splurge for me. And I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

My week here was the highlight of my entire NZ trip—filled with fantastic walks interspersed with lots of relaxation at Aoraki Court. I was pleasantly surprised by how much the lovely accommodations enhanced the whole experience in the park. I liked that the building exteriors are rather low-key and blend in nicely with the natural environment. It actually belies the comfort and level of appointment you will find inside the rooms.

There is no question I’ll be returning to this wonderful property in the future, hopefully before too many years pass by.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank AuBears

Hi AuBears

Many thanks for your detail in the review.

We are pleased that you cover many points and this will help others to book with us direct which is the way to go.....

Hope the rest of your NZ trip goes well.

Safe travels

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights (wished it was longer) in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment with nearly 360 view of the mountains. The apartment was comfortable, warm and spacious and sparkling clean. We had everything we needed to cook and relax after our tramp on the Hooker Valley trail. When we arrived, we were welcomed and made to feel at home. I honestly wouldn’t bother looking at any other accommodation as I don’t think you can get much better than this.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Debra242

Thanks for your review.
Everyone needs to stay for 2-4 days as there is plenty to do.
Hope to see you again.