All reviews hot pools mt hutt open fire room bathroom off season hard days skiing walk into town a great stay family room easy access pool table electric blankets conference wedding hosts couch heater
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I’m sitting in the Hotel now as I write this as my family and I are extremely impressed. 10 of us have checked into the Resort which is average, but I feel it’s perfect for families or groups.

I have no complaints. We’ve just finished a lovely buffet dinner of lamb roast, fried fillets of fish, chicken breast in sauce. Pumpkin soup, baby potatoes, winter veg and salad with an arrangement of breads. Dessert was fruit salad, cheese cake and chocolate cake.

We’ve only come to check out Mt Hutt and the snow and I saw the reviews but there is a limit on pools hot or cold in the Methven area and pools help to tire kids out when travelling.

The 3 heated pools helped ease the end of the day before having a hot shower and enjoying the buffet meal. Our hosts are Asian, they are extremely lovely people, polite, courteous and accommodating. The 3 family rooms we have are good and clean with a queen bed and 2 singles in each. Wifi is limited but I’m glad with the kids trying to get online to play games now that it’s bedtime.

Make a booking and call them to get a good rate, it’s so much cheaper than bookings.com (trust me I’m rated Genius on bookings.com) or AA Travellers website. But this hotel is great for families or groups and the traveller looking to get a deal.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank WiniaR
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We booked this resort expecting a cosy warm elegant place to celebrate our marriage while enjoying a few days in the snow. This place can barely call itself a 'resort'. Let's start with the really small claustrophobic rooms with small windows. They are ok if you just want a place to crash but if you're expecting an elegant space to romance and sip coffee on the balcony overlooking the snow capped mountains..well you might be disappointed. The ' hot pools' were warm at best and the water was murky. Several of us gullible guests shared our disappointment after we had plunged ourselves into what we thought was going to be a therapeutic moment. They have a lovely bar with a cosy fire but don't expect to spend time relaxing there because they close the bar at 8pm. I guess no one needs a drink after that time . Their dinners were cheap buffet meals and even the breakfast had stale bacon and hash browns. If the coffee pot runs dry don't expect anyone to fill it up with some more watered down instant coffee passing itself as freshly brewed coffee. The coffee was so bad I ended up drinking tea for the first time in 3 years! It's not all bad! The location is brilliant. Literally a stones throw from the village centre with access to pubs, restaurants and shops. All in all Methven Resort was a major disappointment and I was fooled by the glam pictures on the website.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Friday's Chinese buffet is to be avoided. Very poor quality with tasteless poorly cooked stodgy food which was cold even at the start of the buffet. We could not find any redeeming features about this meal. A big disappointment

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Room seems clean enough but not as high as I expected in matter of decoration and standard of room/bathroom. The worst bit: having to pay for WiFi!! In today’s context, pretty disappointing given that only 1 device can be connected to the pass given for 24h.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in a delux room, which had a king bed, ensuite and seperate room with a couch fridge and TV and we paid $144. Our mates got the same room and price but we wish we just paid for one between us as we could of happily slept on the fold out couch which was made up for us before we arrived. The place is a 5min walk from food and shops. It has a huge swimming pool and 3 hot pools which was awesome all though heavily chlorinated. The place has some unusual things about it like a really slow 3 story elevator, storage decorations and the place was empty in terms of guests.
We had music and beers after a day snowboarding at Hutt and will definitely be booking there again.

Date of stay: June 2018