“Excellent!”

Rangitata Oasis Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Geraldine
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Great place lovely people and fantastic pies . Very good prices and will definitely be returning ! I had a lovely mint tea and a chocolate chip biscuit my husband had a egg and bacon pie which tasted great and kept him going till we reached Dunedin !

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Friendly service but very over priced considering location. Would not return as there are better options in the area.

1  Thank shaneb397
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped on our way to Mount Cook from Christchurch and wanted some coffee and snacks. The new owners, Gail and Ian, were smiling, pleasant and very welcoming. Ian, who does the pastry and baking were very pleasant asking about our trip and where we were from. They have only been the owners for a few months. My husband's coffee was excellent and their homemade pastries were very tasty. Our favorites were the cheese scones and the chocolate biscuits. Since we are Americans, Ian explained what a lollycake is and educated us on some other NZ specials. When we drove away, Gail was waving at us out the window.
I can understand other raters' comments from some time ago, but I would highly recommend a stop to a local, friendly and pleasant owners' new business!

1  Thank bikinglady
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This place is AMAZING!
I had read some horror stories about this place and the previous owners and was reluctant to stop.
However I am so glad I did, the shop is now owned by Gail and Ian who bake on site all the delicious baked goods and all the sandwiches are made fresh. It was literally an oasis on our journey we stayed for ages and felt so relaxed and at home!
And we left feeling full and happy.
Please give the wonderful new owners a shot, they are delightful :D

1  Thank KarolineJay
Reviewed 25 November 2016

Range of cabinet food plus some basic breakfast type meals. Coffee is OK. Young people running it and seem keen.