“Handy position on State Highway 1”

Rangitata Oasis Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Geraldine
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Coffee and hot chocolate is the draw card with many regulars phoning ahead to save time and the all day breakfast is popular.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

In the line of work that I'm in (agricultural), finding a place to stop for a quick coffee and a bite to eat is a welcome sight. And the Rangitata Oasis is, and always has been, a welcoming place to stop.
The staff are lovely and its always great to have a quick and friendly chat with them while my coffee is being made. And the coffee and homemade biscuits I purchase pretty much every time I stop off, perfect. As was the all day breakfast I had [one long, cold late autumn morning two years ago]
It is a highlight to my day knowing that I'll be working in an area where the Rangitata Oasis will be on my way there.
I'll always be coming back.

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Welcoming this is not! Coffee is awful. Food is extremely average. Smiling helpful service has 'left the building'. There's a load of competition along this stretch of the highway. Our advice - drive past this one.

2  Thank Cath A
Reviewed 3 April 2015

We stopped for a quick bite after driving for a while. The waiter stole my phone from my car. I had used the toilet without buying anything yet and this was justified? I used my partners phone to call police, which they wanted to speak to him. He then hung up on the police and stole her phone!!!

I have never had a stand off like this and don't believe this man is capable of being in the customer service industry.

Do Not Go Here!!!!

4  Thank Greg A
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Quality food and coffee - a lovely surprise. I had the best home made beef pie EVER. My wife has a few food allergies and they made a fresh sandwich to order. A great pitt stop.

1  Thank Claude_O