“Breakfast”

Geraldine Orchard Farmshop and Cafe
Ranked #4 of 8 Quick Bites in Geraldine
Reviewed 27 December 2022

Nice friendly staff,great coffee.GF eggs benedict was very good.Big brekkie was ok but a shame the sausages were low quality and its a bit pricey.

Reviewed 7 December 2022 via mobile

We had lunch in this place which is both a restaurant and a shop. We had a hamburger and a salmon bagel. The bagel was quite hard and should have been a bit softer. The hamburger was fine. We took the opportunity to shop at the store which offers nice souvenirs from New Zealand.

Reviewed 5 December 2022 via mobile

Wide variety of food choices both in the cabinet & on the menu. Appreciated being able to have our dog outside! Milkshakes with icecream were not good - not thick at all & not much flavor! Service took AGES but they were busy, food came out quickly though. Love the outside play entertainment for young & old!

Reviewed 14 February 2022

Good coffee and decent food, shame about the golliwogs you can only see once you are seated and awaiting your food. Will be inspecting all cafes thoroughly now before choosing to spend my money there.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 20 December 2021

We’re from Timaru. Visited this place for breakfast this morning for the first time, the Farm Shop Cafe. Absolute terrible experience. We ignored the warning signs when we came in: waitresses not greeting and not being friendly, the place generally not clean. Most of the noise came from the staff having a yarn behind the counter. Dead fly on our table. Spilled salt/sugar from previous customers on our table. Rude and unfriendly staff with an attitude: we don’t need your service. Food: presentation poor; I can come up with something much better in my kitchen and I’m not a chef. The coffee was great, but spilled marks on cup and saucer - we’re not sure if it is from previously used cups and saucers. Disgusting experience in general. The attitude of what looks like she’s in charge there is typical South African, we cannot be sure from the accent. We’re South Africans of colour. Disgusting service and food and I’m sorry I cannot recommend you to my wide circle of influence. To add fuel to the fire; we were not ask for our vaccine passports, something that I reported to the authorities. I complaint on their Facebook account; no response. I used their email and I got a nasty reply from the owners, Lyn & Peter McColl absolutely defending his staff and accusing me of racism. He only said that the vaccine issue has been addressed (fearing a fine from the authorities), but had only praise for his staff. Dine at this place at your own peril.

Date of visit: December 2021