Vio.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2019

I got to experience all the home comforts on my journey back to Christchurch. I had the fortunate pleasure of staying at Sue and John's wonderful sanctuary in the heart of stunning Geraldine. They were so helpful and obliging when it came to accommodating my stay as well as recommending the town's hotspots. Their wonderful home is concealed within lush New Zealand scenery, giving a wonderful feeling of being in the bush. However, it's only a five-minute, scenic walk to the town centre. I had the best night's sleep and the food was of an excellent standard. I hope to stay again very soon. I recommend to anyone who is looking for a peaceful, quiet bit of respite. It truly is a piece of paradise. Thank you Sue and John for your friendly and bubbly service, as it was just what the doctor ordered!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Susan J, Owner at Oldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2019

We were delighted to host you and have the pleasure of your company. So pleased the experience was all you could have hoped for. We aim to make each guest's stay memorable.
All best wishes
Sue and John

Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed with Sue and John in November on our way to Lake Tekapo. We received a warm welcome and had a very enjoyable stay. The bed was very comfortable, so that we didn't want to get up in the morning! The bathroom accros the corridor was modern and the showers were hot :).
The separate lounge area with tv (Netflix) was cosy and was only used when it got too cold to sit outside and enjoy the garden.
Breakfast the next morning was delicious! Muesli, eggs in any style, fruit juices, toast with homemade preserves and the company of our fantastic hosts, which gave us advice for our future trip and made us feel like part of the family.
We enjoyed our stay so much that, when we traveled back North, we stayed for another night and we were welcomed like good friends. It was a real pleasure to stay at Oldfields and we will definitely return when we travel this way again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susan J, Manager at Oldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

So, so nice to meet you both.
Our only sadness was having to say goodbye.
Sue loves conjuring up good food and is really encouraged by your positive feedback.
When you travel to these shores again, we would love to catch up.
Please do!
John and Sue

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful stay at John and Sue's Oldfields. Very luxurious, comfy and enjoyable. Short stroll into Geraldine for various dinner options. Delightful company for breakfast enjoying scrumptious home made pastries. Thanks. R & J

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susan J, Owner at Oldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thanks for your generous comments.
It is always nice to share Oldfields with interesting people such as yourselves
and to know that our guests enjoy it as much as we do.
John and Sue

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I've stayed in countless b and b's and thanks to a certain nose for these things, few have really been even indifferent. Oldfields is probably the best I've every placed my head on the pillow. I intend to stay four nights and remained for seven. Breakfast with the Jensen's was a highlight of my days in Geraldine and the facilities are top class with a private sitting room, bathroom and bedroom. Oldfields is handy for the Canterbury and Otago coast but I bet anyone making a booking here would not want to go much further than the attractive town in which it lies. In addition, it's very quiet and offers Netflix on a wide screen tv.

Room tip: There's only one excellent room.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Susan J, Owner at Oldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thanks Til.
It was a real pleasure to host you, but all good things must come to an end. I'm certain you've got straight back to an appreciative wife, an appreciative dog, not forgetting the goat, and into village life once again. Do come again and bring your wife with you when you next visit family, which I hope in measure, will include us.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Very nice warm and cosy accommodation. Only a short walk to restaurants and cafes for dinner. Great décor, very comfortable bed, and an awesome bathroom with bath, shower and under floor heating. Our breakfast was also very tasty, homemade, and our hosts Sue and John were a pleasure to talk to over it. This made our stay very enjoyable and I highly recommend as Geraldine is great for a nice peaceful break.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susan J, Owner at Oldfields, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you Anna for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your input and are happy to have met you and provide you with an experience that met your expectations. All best wishes for your future travels.
Kind regards