“Friendly Staff good Meal”

Wobbly Kea Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

It was the only dinner option within walking distance in Arthur’s Pass but it was fine. Just had wobbly Kea pizza which feed 2 of us and a few drinks. Friendly people

Date of visit: November 2019

Reviewed 25 October 2019 via mobile

The staff need to do the Kiwi Host program, here in NZ we make small talk out of interest & curiosity, a sarcastic response is uncalled for. So, we had a coffee and went across the road for our lunch. And, looking across the road it's full here at the Kea Cafe & empry over at the WKea. Up your game people or you could end up like Arthur's just up from you.

1  Thank paulah776
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

My wife, myself and some friends decided to take a short ride to Arthur’s Pass for lunch as my wife was keen to try this place for a change as we have always stopped across the road over the years. The choice of food wasn’t fantastic for the prices but that was ok. I’m on a food plan and they had a salad which was great so I explained my reasoning and asked if instead of battered fish, could I have mine pan fried. Not unreasonable I thought considering I,ve never had an issue in any other restaurant but it was here, so I thanked them and elected to have a coffee instead. The wobbly keas can have this place and this kiwi will call across the road again as he always has in the past and all will be happy.

1  Thank 47PaulL
Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

This is the only place in Arthur’s Pass to get dinner, but note it’s closed Tuesdays for some reason. This place was so weird - the waitress decided they were closing at 7.30pm so refused to serve anyone anything, even drinks, from 7pm onwards. There were about 12 people still in the place and it was so strange to refuse paying customers. The staff seem bored and uninterested, the food is average, very pricey, but large portions. Bring food with you from elsewhere if you’re passing through..

2  Thank niamhers7
Reviewed 23 September 2019

What the title says. You do expect to pay a bit more up here, but the price of the drinks were phenomenal.
We had pizza. To be fair, the menu said that one would be enough to share between two, and that is as advertised. But...
large though it may have been, it was really, really, really bland. Not a hint of garlic, pepper. Nothing. Except huge amounts of cheese. Truly awful.

Date of visit: September 2019