Lock in the lowest price from these sites
RandiFayeC
Longwood, Florida

Fantastic Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Mar 2020
Stayed here as part of my wonderful Back Roads hiking tour. Can't say enough about how much I loved my stay here. The lodge is the right combination of luxury/authenticity - not at all pretentious but true elegant comfort.
Our room was comfortable and clean - the best part was the stunning view. Happy to see that hotel wastefulness was minimized. Large refillable shampoo, etc. No automatic towel changes after just one night.
Food was delicious - they accommodated my vegetarian husband deliciously and creatively. I am pescatarian - it was easy for me. My only comment was that dinner service was a bit slow, may have been because we were dining as a group.
The stargazing talk and sheep shearing demo were both highlights of our trip. We did some of the on property hikes - got a bit lost, felt markings could have been better. At the next lodge (their sister property) we used laminated guides when we hiked - we may have missed them here.
Everyone who worked here was professional, pleasant and knowledgeable.
The free laundry works well. Internet was not bad but there's so much to do and see you shouldn't need internet for much.
Price was embedded in my tour price, this property justified the high tour price in my mind.
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
      • Expedia.com
        $575
      60.3 km from Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass
      View more hotels in Arthur's Pass National Park
      All reviews sheep farm lake moeraki new zealand merino wool other guests beech forest south island sheep station different types free laundry two nights southern alps rooms are comfortable remote location national park lounge area arthurs pass
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 15 March 2020

Beautiful location with amazing views, great food & informative nature walks. Don't miss out on the guided tours - you'll learn so much! Do as much nearby hiking as you can, the forest is magical & beautiful waterfalls abound.
      After visiting this lodge, we drove West & South to the other Wilderness Lodge & I highly recommend that you do the same! It was a beautiful drive & the second lodge was just as enjoyable as this one (but both very different from each other). What a wonderful way to see the South Island!

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Here in New Zealand on a two month holiday, when I arrived at Wilderness Lodge and offered either a coffee or tea with cake and was advised what Wilderness Lodge has to offer for my three nights stay, and wether I wanted my meals by myself or as part of a group and for me as a single traveler that’s great being together at dinner also at breakfast. On entering my room what greeted me was the most wonderful view looking out the the mountains. The room was clean and well presented, no TV but that’s fine as I didn’t come on my holiday to sit in front of a television. First of all I had a very restful stroll around the Rainbow Walk, and then in the early evening we had a guided walk with lots of useful information about the landscape and wildlife.
      Next morning I was offered the chance to go kayaking something I had never done before after a bit of hesitation I decided to give it a go, with some of the other guests, I was teamed up in a double kayak with my instructor Michael,after we all had our life vests on off we went and I really had a great time, along with the kayaking we went ashore for coffee/Tea with biscuits, it’s the little thoughts that count for me, The Lodge has a small bar with a good selection of wines available, meals in the restaurant were for me of a high standard and well served by the whole team.
      Hopefully I will return some time in the future to sample the Wilderness Lodge.

Date of stay: March 2020
      Trip type: Travelled solo
      2  Thank Robert G
      Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Wilderness Lodge when traveling the South Island on a bike tour. It was a beautiful place with amazing views. Included and extra tours are available daily. We enjoyed visiting the sheep farm and taking a guided morning nature walk. The food and accommodations were excellent!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
      1  Thank Meg A
      Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

A stunning location with great walks and facilities. The rooms are nicely sized, very clean and well appointed, with views to die for. We were made to feel very welcome and special. We did just the gentle walks ourselves, we also did a walk with very knowledgeable Paddy and an excellent talk/demonstration of shepherding and sheep shearing. A special mention of the meals which were first class and of a quality equivalent to that found in upmarket city restaurants. If you want something different from the normal tourist trail and are looking for a bit of R and R, this is the ideal place.

Date of stay: February 2020
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      2  Thank Wmf13
      Reviewed 25 December 2019

My wife, 20 year old son, and I had an incredible stay at Wilderness Lodge at Arthur’s Pass. It is located in the one of the most beautiful spots on the globe, rivaled only by the genuine kindness of the staff. We only had a few days to spend in New Zealand, and Wilderness Lodge offered us an intensive in a beautiful niche. This is a pricey place to stay, but it was nice not to worry about finding restaurants or activities. The service is welcoming and exceptional, and the food very good. I highly recommend the kayak on the lake, time with the sheep and sheepdog, and the self guided Rainbow Trail.

Date of stay: December 2019