“Shanbolard is my discovery of the year a truly...”

Review of Shanbolard Cottage

Excellent
The driveway to Shanbolard
Spacious well equipped kitchen
Dining area in kitchen
Snug sitting room with turf fire stove
Double bedroom with shower ensuite
Superking bedroom
Shanbolard Cottage to the right of Shanbolard main house
We have our own wind turbine
A couple of our furry friends
Some of our feathered friends
View of the Twelve Bens from the lake
The Twelve Bens from Shanbolard's gate
Sheep in the Avenue-Gate field to the lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Robert S
“Shanbolard is my discovery of the year a truly Magical Connemara / Atlantic Way/ County Galway experiance imaginable”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I am almost relucant to wrtie this review as selfishly I just want to keep this absolute hidden gem all to myself. This is so I can go these whenever I want without having to worry if it is booked out ! Shanbolard is my discovery of the year and the perfect base to explore Connemara / Co Galway and Co Sligo from. Shanbolard is set in a 300 acre farm of the most incredibly beautiful and wild countryside and coast with prise coral sand beach on to the was and fresh water lake. This is an organic type family farm with a wonderfull walled garden full of all sorts of fruit and vegetables. These range from all the usual to the more exotic Chinese Pock Choi to Plums. Claire and her children even grow some of their own Tea, I kid you not and they make their own Elderderberry delicious cordial etc.
The whole family are just really great people and they have built a haven of peace and beauty where you can completely relax in the most peaceful surroundings anywhere in Europe.
Having said that you can rent kayaks not only there but also very nearby in the adventure centres around the Killary Fiord and village of Leenan where you can also get the best mussels and brown bread and chips in the world, washed down with Guiness that tastes better there than in most pubs - maybe its the sea air and the sea water that gives one the thirst?.
If you love animals and nature this is also the place, as besides the Horses and Connemara Pony's and seven hives of Bees that Claire keeps, there are the happiest free range chickens I have ever seen, even a few african guiney fowl that they have to protect from the wild Pine Martins that and Hawks that make raids from time to time.. I can go on and on- all I can say is I have already booked togo back in July and will be a regular visitor now that Claire ha opened the cottage up for holiday letting...

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
11 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for the lovely review Robert- we look forward to welcoming you back in July....
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing