Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
US$196.81
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience The GlenAllachie Distillery
from US$196.81
More Info
from US$301.36
More Info
All reviews virtual tour premium experience premium tour host graham quick walk premium tasting special shout hope to visit again fabulous tour excellent whisky silent season cant wait blended whisky an amazing guide making whisky trip to scotland fun tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

If you want to have a good time with a fun guide, this is the place to be. Karen made the tour and tasting an experience to remember. After about 10 whiskey tours around Speyside, I can say this was my favourite. The small group, homey feel, and great sense of humor were worth a trip out. The scotch was just a bonus.

Date of experience: July 2022
Anna M, Marketing Assistant at The GlenAllachie Distillery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Yes and yes! Many thanks for sharing your experience and leaving us such a great review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit - cheers!

Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

Karen was the highlight! She made this tour outstanding, enjoyable, and felt very homey. The tasting was great and the different type of whiskey we tried were very good

Date of experience: July 2022

We are thrilled that you felt welcomed at our distillery and enjoyed your tour with Karen! Many thanks for your visit and leaving us a review. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2022 via mobile

I visited The GlenAllachie Distillery as part of a short road-trip through Speyside. I was looking forward to this visit as GlenAllachie’s whisky is great, and the distillery was still closed when I was last in Speyside (last November).

From when I arrived to the end of my visit, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The shop was stocked with a good selection of products (although the miniatures were fairly steep at £25 for a set of three).

Our guides were great throughout the visit (massive apologies for not catching their names) and clearly had a great knowledge of the subject. A special shout-out too for the guide in training who although new to the job did very well at explaining complicated processes! There was a real feeling of camaraderie throughout the distillery team which was great to see.

The tour starts with a short video explaining the whisky process, during which one of the guides neatly explained each step with handy props. During the video, we were also given two drams to try (although as I was driving I was given a handy driver’s pack). Following the video, we went around the distillery, before heading back to the tasting room for two more whiskies and a video about the maturation process.

The whiskies were lovely and given the recent takeover by Billy Walker, this is just the beginning for GlenAllachie and we can likely expect some very special stuff in the future!

The reason for this review being only three stars and not five is the pricing. I’ve done at least 20 distillery tours in the past few years, and this is far and away the most expensive entry-level tour I’ve been on. The cheapest tour option is £25, and I’m still at a bit of a loss as to why the price is so high. The tour doesn’t visit the warehouses, the whiskies offered for tasting are general releases with no limited editions or distillery exclusives, and you don’t get any goodies like a free glass. These aren’t things I necessarily expect on every tour, but for £25 I did expect a bit more than what was provided.

I want to be clear that this was the only issue I had with my experience - had I paid somewhere between £15 and £20, this would have likely been a five-star review. It’s just that £25 will go much further on other distillery tours (including other independents) and I think the steep price tag kind of wrote a cheque that the experience didn’t cash. However, don’t let that take away from the fact that the staff are excellent will make sure you are well looked after!

P.S. When I visited, the distillery was in silent season meaning no spirit was being made - despite my visit being outwith the dates for silent season shown on the website. This didn’t bother me (and it hasn’t had any bearing on my rating), but if you’re really keen to see production taking place, it’s probably a good idea to contact in advance and check.

Date of experience: June 2022

Hello, many thanks for visiting us and taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly value all feedback and are continually striving to provide the best experience for our visitors!

We are delighted to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff and enjoyed an informative, but fun experience. You are right in saying this is only the beginning for us... watch this space!

We are sorry to hear that this experience may not have met your expectations due to the price. Our price point of £25 is guided by an in-depth look into the production of our spirit, followed by a tutored tasting of four drams with an approx. value of £15-20. Also included in the price is a £5 voucher off any whiskies over the value of £50. However, we will certainly review your feedback.

Your kind words about our staff are greatly appreciated, we are a team full of passion!

Our silent season this year is between Saturday 2nd - Saturday 17th July which is noted on our website. However, ordinarily our production takes place Monday - Thursday which should have been communicated to you at the beginning of your tour. Despite this, you are correct in that customers should be aware of when they can expect to see production in action before arriving at the distillery - thank you for flagging this up. We will be adding a note on our website booking page with further detail of production times.

Again, thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We will be sure to take your comments on board to improve our tour offering.

Reviewed 29 June 2022 via mobile

Our guide Sue was very knowledgeable about the manufacturing process and the company. We had a fascinating tour of the main parts of the distillery.

Date of experience: June 2022

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Sue definitely knows her stuff! Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 29 June 2022 via mobile

amazing little place sue is an amazing guide the rooms are nice little to see love a wee but of wishy to finish the ture 5 star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Date of experience: June 2022

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with Sue!