“Eats”

The Tin Hut
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Featherston
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated on State Highway 2, next door to the Tauherenikau Racecourse between Greytown and Featherston, South Wairarapa, The Tin Hut is a warm inviting Restaurant and Bar that serves fresh wholesome country fare. With a large garden bar for relaxing and enjoying the fine cuisine during the Summer months, a cozy fire in the winter - A must do! Great place for weddings, family functions, birthdays, anniversaries etc.
Reviewed 13 June 2020

My first time at the Tin Hut and am sure I will be returning in the near future. Great meal and atmosphere in a local country pub.

Date of visit: June 2020
Write a reviewReviews (54)

Reviewed 16 February 2020

We have been here a few times now and have never been disappointed. The owner is just delightful and the food is tasty. The beer battered fish is the best, although you won’t loose weight here as the portions are plentiful. Rear garden with a friendly dog, chicken and a peacock wandering around just adds to it all. Highly recommend popping in!

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 3 January 2020

My partner and I stopped in for a quick lunch on our way back from biking. The lady who served us (and I assume owned the place) was absolutely lovely! The food was amazing, the outdoor vibe with the chooks and dog pottering about was so sweet. Highly recommend this place, you won’t regret it!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

We called in short notice with 9 adults queens birthday weekend and the restaurant was already flat out with another big booking so expected a wait of course, 30 minute wait isnt long when your feeding 50 people at once! Thoroughly enjoyed our day and meals, it was a miserable day outside but the fire was going and it was nice and toasty! Staff are awesome and welcoming! My family and I will definitely be going back there in the near future!!

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Erinakaiwai
Reviewed 9 March 2019

This is a very over due review - we visited here in late January 2019 and I so meant to go home and write it, but here I am doing it now in March!. My apologies Kate, but as they say better late than never.We had a lovely evening at the Tin Hutt. I rang early afternoon to book for table of 5 - thinking we might not get in on a Sunday holiday weekend but booking accepted and so we went. (Nice to talk to a real person on the the phone I must say)

5 of us - 4 had the very good roast deal - which is extremely good value and I had the chicken which was yummy- I took a bit home and was delighted again with the pomegranite bits in the salad.

Really lovely place, Kate is a superb host, and can't belive we haven't been back again yet - but we will. Defintely recommend as an honest and lovely place to eat

Date of visit: January 2019